Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which touring class should I race in? I've had experience in stock, 19turn and mod, but never in a big race. Which touring class could I be most competitive wise, as far and the amount of money I'll need to spend to keep up?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Regular touring stock was very competitive as we maxed it out at 130 drivers. The sportsman 19 is real competitive also and not to many factory racers in it. If you want to race with Kinwald or Francis try the expert 19 or pro mod. Hope you can make it!

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
looking to run touring oval this year.what are the rules?stock or 19 turn and what chassie mod. are aloud???

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
muhahaha touring oval gonna be big this year...woooooooo

last year it was any 4 wd chassis with full blown mods. ultrabird 19 turn motor and a OVAL BODY ONLY. no wings allowed just a spoiler. foam tires are a must....

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
LOL that's cool.

The entry will be in Jan issue of RC Car Action. That hits the stands around Thanksgiving. We will post it on-line as soon as the magazine's for sale so I would say Dec 1st is a good bet.

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
on the touring oval we have cut the left side off and put 6 cell trays. so our batterirs are out by the left wheels.we are already running the losi nascar bodies no problem.19 turn ultra bird is going to be the motor we will be running??and will these chassies pass roar rules?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
We don't mind alterations to chassis to allow more left side weight. Body rules are correct - stock car bodies (any brand) with 2" max rear spoiler. 19 turn handout yes. Sounds good!! Have fun!

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
thanks for the help.looking foward to the race this year.

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Leading Edge makes a great oval conversion for the Stock Chassis on a TC3 Jason Christ has been using it for some time now And has done great
The best parts is it's only $40
LMK if anybody needs more info

Also will there be any Brushless class this year

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
roar rules? snowbird rules apply. roar membership is not welcome at the birds,lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How about a 12th scale 4 cell oval class.... Much more controlable then 19 turn......I ran 19 turn last year....

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
casey
that is what i was talking about.works great.are you coming down this weekend to race the ''mangler nationals'' at new castle.alot of the big oval guys will be there

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mike,
How about a Masters Class or two. I don't know of any big oval races that have a Masters Class but there are lots of Masters Classes at On-Road events, such as Cleveland and the Nationals. Even the Gas Nationals had a Masters class.

So, how about a Stock or 19 turn Sedan Masters Class and a Masters Class in oval. I don't know which one but I'm sure if this idea has any interest you will hear about it here. By the way, 12th Scale Oval was darn near a Masters class, then a couple of years ago all those young wipper snappers saw how much fun we were having and jumped in. Now us old guys don't have a chance!

If the cost of trophies is an issue most of us old guys would be happy to race for a package of Depends.

Think about it please.

Ted

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Great points Ted - I totally agree. We have that here at home as many racers have been around since the beginning and still love to race - but the ol' reflexes aren't as good as before. I think the age of 45 and up is good?

On the Snowbird entry I added a date of birth. We are working on some type of 'Race of Ages' where we can somehow have a seperate award for racers over 40 and 50....

I am sure in the future we will be adding an oval and onroad masters class.

CYA
Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am all for the Masters Class, since I am, according to Scarecow Holmes, the oldest man in rc racing. Excuse me, time for my nap.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts