Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets hear about which chassis is your favorite and why!?
Things like parts availability,easy to tune, handling, and product support..
So lets hear it!!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
hi chop73
well I have a KSG GENII that I race and its very competive againts the hi dollars car I race against ,it all depends on your budget,but if you work hard a setting up your chassis many GOOD use car will run good. as for parts ask before you buy !!! the seller should provide the answer because bracking your car and to find out that parts are not available SUCKS:thumbsup:
hope this help
Daniel/72

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went with hyperdrive because of lot of the people I race with had them and when I need help they can answer questions that I have. Also the parts availability. If I need something I can just head down the road an hour and visit Barry.

·
Registered
713 Posts
read the procuct support threads and you can see what cars,motors,esc's,that is hot, you'll see some geat support and ones that give the run around,look in the for sale section and you'll see whats on the way out,best is buy a car that has local track support,the best cars out there can suck with out the right setup and when you feel your car looks good have someone good at your track drive it:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
When going racing at your local track it is best to see what most of the guys are running or what the fast guys are running so you will be able to get the most support/help from your fellow racers. Can't go wrong with that idea.:thumbsup:

After that it depends on how fast you want to go and how much money you want to spend ie. the spec classes vs. the open classes. Open will be more money via the tire wear and Battery cost mainly.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I would get an F-14 chassis. Great car and support is second to none. Its probably the best chassis out there right now. Parts are available from lefthander rc and pete russells hobby shop. If ur in the market for a competetive car this would be my choice, very good car in all tour classes.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Go with the Mcpappy rides. james is an awesome person to work with and can answer just about any question you throw at him. on top of being able to answer the question he will take the time to explain to you the reason why things work the way they do.. his cars are precision works of art that can be very fast. the 2.5 / 2.6 dart is a very advanced car and is designed for someone who is interetsed in taking the time to test things and pushing the car to its limits. then you have the mcdominator 1.1 which is awesome right out of the box. you will be very happy with a mcpappy!!

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
all you have to say is hyperdrive.........great support from barry and joe:thumbsup:...and cars are always awesome

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hyperdrive, Pro 5, Best value, deep resources for driver testing with names like Jody Miller, Mike Bush, Nick Bell and Barry Hill himself is one of the most knowledgeable people in the industry and always great service. He does a lot for Oval racing supporting several events with title sponsorship, door prizes etc. that help make them successful and enjoyable for us oval racers. Hyperdrive is not a fly-by-night company and has been around longer than I've been racing, 15+years for me. The Pro 5 has been under thorough testing for a while now and will be out any day now. You will be able to get a kit without shocks or a conversion kit as well if you want to save a hundred bucks. And most importantly, it's fast!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I own a Stryker which I use on Carpet and a KSG Gen3 is my asphalt ride.

I really love the Gen3 always have and will keep it untill the chassis turns to dust. On flat asphalt with foam tires. This car is sweet.

The Stryker on carpet is pretty good but have only ran it once. Basicaly uses the same set up you would use on the KSG SCX (link car). Randy from Stryker is really personal interested in helping you run well.

I also belive there are many other awesome car availbe out there too. I just can't own them all...(well not yet).

Hyperdrive Pro5 is next on my wish list after I get an SK up and running.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Get the one and only A$$ kicker and has been for the last 3 years KSG SCX.Montie Koback Mayhue not sure you get much better drives than that.Best machined best front end best link system of any car.

Get on the list buy one from swap and sell Call Allan just do it.:thumbsup:

Ok start the hatin.

Jake

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Get the one and only A$$ kicker and has been for the last 3 years KSG SCX.Montie Koback Mayhue not sure you get much better drives than that.Best machined best front end best link system of any car.

Ok start the hatin.

Jake
I love you man!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

Ok start the hatin.

Jake
I agree. If you have the disposable income just buy the KSG SCX, I have owned every KSG up until the SCX. Maybe a used one will fall into my lap one day.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I understand that KSG SCX is a great chassis. They are of the highest quality and are in a class all thier own. My question is why is it difficult to locate parts or cars that they make. Parts availability plays a big factor in local racing where our driving skills allow us to replace parts more often than we would like to admit. :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I understand that KSG SCX is a great chassis. They are of the highest quality and are in a class all thier own. My question is why is it difficult to locate parts or cars that they make. Parts availability plays a big factor in local racing where our driving skills allow us to replace parts more often than we would like to admit. :)
Don't crash and break parts.

Raced my SCX over a year 0 chassis or chassis parts broke their tuffer than they look.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts