Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen:

I am interested in pursing some of my own designs for models, housing, etc. As such I may need CAD SW. What do those of you who use such SW recomend?
Which is the most user friendly? The most available. The least/most expensive. And which translates well to CNC or other formats. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Blender Cad (when released) should address the cad based requirements and I wouldn't be too suprised to see measurement displays in the official blender release before too long. Not sure if it will make 2.35 but we'll see.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I use and work with a product called MicroStation. It's AutoCad's biggest competator and costs about 5K. I have been using it in the engineering field for the last 19 years and have recently started to make al kinds of stuff in 3D. I'm planning on desiging quite a few kit that I hope to start producing by the end of the year. Let the fun begin!

Just remember that with any program there is a learning curve and if you are creating things in 3D, unless you understand the process, you are going to hvae a tough time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You might want to check out Intellicad at:

http://www.cadopia.com/products/products.asp

The standard version is $150, you can download an eval copy for free, just register. It is compatible with AutoCAD files, it does 3D, the professional version can even do photo realistic renders, it even uses the same command set as AutoCAD. As far as CAD programs go it is very affordable.

Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.