Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw in the catalog that some BSG kits are going to be released by Moebius. Any idea which and from what series?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Colonial One is a great design and would make an awesome kit. Any final word on the old lady herself, Galactica? What would really be nice would be if someone made after market, in scale resin ships in the fleet that could be displayed along with it.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh Dave, think we could get a poll going on for the ship everyone would like to see other than the hero ships?

I, too would like to see a Colonial One/Colonial Heavy 798 or a Pegasus.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I hope whoever suggested producing the Kazon Torpedo kit was fired. What a waste of styrene.

Certainly the Viper Mk II would be awesome as well as a Mk VII.

Colonial One is probably my favorite design from the show. I couldn't afford the $200 resin kit a few years back (though I ogled it plenty at Wonderfest), but a $50 styrene kit would be a must buy!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I don't believe that the Kazon Torpedo has anything to do with Battlestar Galactica, (kazon torpedo is more likely from ST Voyager) and the guy who suggested producing it probably works (or worked) for Revell not Moebius Models!

Stay tuned for anouncements of future kits at I-Hobby in October....we may have some more BSG news then....

Dave

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
The ST Voyager property was so limited in terms of spacecraft design that Revell was really grasping at straws on just what (other than the Voyager) could be released as a kit.

I'm really looking forward to the announcements by Moebius in October. At my age, it's always great to have something to look forward to.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Cant wait for the Galactica herself! Got my fingers crossed that she's next! I have the Viper on pre-order and look forward to that one as well! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,368 Posts
Monogram got the Voyager license in the 1st season, and was thus limited in their choices to ships that had already appeared by then. They decided to produce 5 (?) kits, and they were limited to ONLY ships that appeared on Voyager, no other Trek shows. Hence the very slim (and ultimately stupid) selection. They shot their wad on 1st season ships and decided, after poor sales, that there was no market for any more, and dropped the series.

The dopes.

·
Banned
914 Posts
Did Moebius get just the new battlestar license, or also the old series as well?

My first choice of kit would be the galactica itself (old or new), and then the viper and cylon ships dogfight ships. IF those sales warranted it, then other ships, but like the older releases, the two main capital ships and the two main fighters make the most marketing sense, IMHO.

I wouldn't object to a BIG Galactica and moebius could use the same tech to later producs a smaller one, like the smaller seaview.

I'm addicted to the big kits.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I actually wrote a letter to Monogram asking them why they didn't do other ships like some of the cool shuttles, and they said "another company" had the rights to those vehicles. Apparently, they couldn't do them because AMT (what other company could it be) had an agreement than included the shuttles....

·
Banned
914 Posts
I think they covered what the obtained in a previous thread. A big seaview sized original galactica would be awesome though!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts