Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Remember, a month is not measurable in the infinit of the space time continuum. Not comprehensible by man, anyway.

hal9001-

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Remember, a month is not measurable in the infinit of the space time continuum. Not comprehensible by man, anyway.

hal9001-
I would go to the Moebius Facebook page and ask them that question directly. Moebius does not post here, so any information will be second or third hand. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Frank told me at the start of the month it should be on its way from China in a couple of weeks (i.e. now)- there had been some holdups with the packaging....

Ant

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Thing is, how ya gonna make it look like bright, shiny chrome without taking it someplace to be powder-coated once you've finished assembly? I'm sorry, Metalizer and Alclad don't cut it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I didn't think the new style Cylons were quite so chromey as the old style ones - comes over more as a polished aluminium finish...

·
Registered
103 Posts
They were rendered differently from Scene to
scene during the shows run... The early
episodes they were far more a " dull aluminum "
in color.

Later on, toward Season 3-4 they changed
their bodies to the more " shiny " chrome appearance..

So, honestly, make them dull aluminum or
shiny chrome and either way you can't go wrong..

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thing is, how ya gonna make it look like bright, shiny chrome without taking it someplace to be powder-coated once you've finished assembly? I'm sorry, Metalizer and Alclad don't cut it.
I don't know, I've seen some almost chrome like finishes accomplished on aircraft models by using Gloss Black, and either Alclad, or SNJ finishes....takes some work, but it is doable.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I much prefer the non-chrome cylons to the chromed ones.

Once they chromed them, they looked less realistic to me.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Yeah, perhaps you're right. It seems they went gonzo with the chrome finish at the end of Lay Down Your Burdens Pt. 2.

·
Registered
895 Posts
They were rendered differently from Scene to
scene during the shows run... The early
episodes they were far more a " dull aluminum "
in color.

Later on, toward Season 3-4 they changed
their bodies to the more " shiny " chrome appearance..

So, honestly, make them dull aluminum or
shiny chrome and either way you can't go wrong..

:thumbsup:
Maybe the chrome ones were fresh off the assembly line and hadn't been in the heat of battle!:)

·
Registered
311 Posts
The Tumbler at least, is plagued by licence holder issues beyond Moebius' control. Moebius says it might happen, some day, maybe. But there is no schedule attached to the Tumbler at all. Very frustrating for a company that paid for the rights in good faith.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The Tumbler at least, is plagued by licence holder issues beyond Moebius' control. Moebius says it might happen, some day, maybe. But there is no schedule attached to the Tumbler at all. Very frustrating for a company that paid for the rights in good faith.
Realy?! OMG, I thought that puppy was tooled up and ready to go!:(
Sucks. For Frank AND us modelers. Very frustrating indeed and if its rights issues that realy bl*ws! If I were Frank I'd wash my hands of them after he gets out whats already tooled:mad:!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Well this explains a lot. What a shame, many of us were looking forward to the Tumbler kit. I feel extremely sorry for Frank and the rest of Moebius to be caught up in the license problems.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts