Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
enquiring minds want to know?
I bought mine from Tower Hobbies as I am a member and get a shipping discount. They generally run from mid-$20s to low $30s online and then you need to include shipping. I actually have a new one, besides the one on the bench right now that is my current project, I got off eBay earlier this year. I would sell it for $25 plus shipping which should be about $6-8. If you are interested let me know. I am in Florida.

It is a very good kit with lots of glass items. I am using the Kitbuilders article from their latest issue to do my build. Is is a real nice display model if done right. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The last Fine Scale Modeller magazine had a pretty good article on the kit as well... which is unusual for the otherwise mundane and very mainstream magazine...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I'd like to add, its worth every penny of $35. So, Like Frank said, if you find one in low 20's pick it up, in fact, you might want to pick up two!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
It's the latest iss. of FSM. December 2009 issue. The article is written by one of our Clubhouse moderators, Jim Bertges. I like FSM very much, esp. the last couple of years. The editorial scope is much broader and the pix are great. There's usually a couple of different fantasy and sci fi kits in the Readers Gallery, which is always great to see.

The last Fine Scale Modeller magazine had a pretty good article on the kit as well... which is unusual for the otherwise mundane and very mainstream magazine...
You've gotta be kidding! Did you see the cover feature?! It's an F-15 Eagle by John Vojtech. 2000 hours and 5000 mostly scratchbuilt parts went into that model. FAR from mundane. I only wish they had more pix!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
what issue number is that article in?
It is in the latest Kitbuilders magaine, #62. Dan Jorgensen does it in the articles he does each month near the beginning on Aurora or Aurora type models. He does a fairly detailed article on how he built it. I saw his model at Wonderfest and it was nice. There is also the article in the latest issue of FSM. It is a good article as well but I am using more of Dan's tricks then the FSM article.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that seems to be about the norm, by the time you factor in shipping, $32-35
theres a new lhs that popped up, small place, has them for 35, think i'll just support the lhs on this one.

mods, please delete this thread, my curiosity has been sated.

·
Starship Class
11,873 Posts
I suspect I've got several of them around me right now. :freak:

I've already got an invisible man kit or I'd have gotten one of these--may do so yet. Incredibly cool kit!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts