Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Twister is long out of business so they won't be able to check it out or replace any parts. Lathes usually don't have any problems unless they are used a ton and never cleaned. IF when you move the bit left to right and it feels gritty that's not good. Getting dirt or cuttings in the gimbles would be a problem. IF the blocks don't show wear from the armature then they should be good. The cutting bit if it's carbide should be sharpened or replaced probably every 10-20 cuts. If you have a micrometer make sure everything is straight with relation to the blocks, base, and gimbles.

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As alpha stated Twister is no longer in business. I was looking to get the plastic pieces for the gimble and figured if there was a place to send it to I'd just do that.

Thanks for the replies though

RC

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I heard from a good source that Chris Dosick (sp) has a business where he lazar aligns our mini lathes. I like to have it done to my Hudy. Maybe between the two of us we can get a line on how to get in touch with him.

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mclin: Yeah I'd be interested in that. Not exactly sure how to get a hold of him though. Anybody out there know how to get in touch with him?

Thanks for the info gezer2u. I got place a order with Mcmaster this week anyways so I'll add that to my order.

RC

·
Registered
286 Posts
Dosie

Chris can calibrate your lathes for you. Not sure what he charges, but it will cut PERFECTLY straight.

I can get you in touch with him, but will not post his info. Feel free to email me through this site.

Greg Kraios

1 - 10 of 10 Posts