Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get some adj style hingpins ,the ones with the alen screw keeper type ends.

thanks Jake

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't know if someone makes a complete kit but I use the IRS style hinge pins (IRS2373) with Traxas made collars.

Tom Jones

·
Dialed
3,384 Posts
Do you mean the Castor Blocks?....Where the Hinge pins attach the upper arms to?...

You can find everything you need at Lefthander R/C .Com...Click Below.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Jake: Racetech used to make them. I am not sure where you could find them now since they have been out of business for a couple years.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill no I mean hingpins.I get most of my stuff from Hays and have ordered the Custom WorKs style hingpins but they just have clips on each end witch will do what i want it to but would like to find the adj kind.thanks ziggy.

Jake

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Pepe they have the adjustable end I was talking about but have seen some with both ends like that.

Jake

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Custom works has the ones with E clips on both ends.You have to polish the custom works so they work freely.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
just buy a peice of wing wire, cut them to size.. then get a 4 pack of dubro linkage collars.. the whole deal cost less then 5 dollars...

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
burbs said:
just buy a peice of wing wire, cut them to size.. then get a 4 pack of dubro linkage collars.. the whole deal cost less then 5 dollars...
I think that's what you're thinking of ? It works! I did it that way for years.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
yup burbs nailed it, thats exactly what i do when using the hyperdrive castor blocks, get thick wing wire-not sure what dia, and collars either from dubro or mcmaster or if you have nitro throttle/servo kits or parts lying around that will work to.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Those mini micro e-clips suck!! I agree with the wing wire .078 and collars with set screws.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I'm running the Raceway Manufacturing threaded caster blocks with their adjustable hinge screws on my velodrome car.They're narrower then hyperdrives and i'm getting alot more castor adjustment.Quality parts too.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am trying some ejector pins I got from McMaster Carr. They have a small head on one end that doesn't foul the tie rods and I use a Dubro on the front. These pins can be gotten oversize if you want to make the front end with no slop. The are also very hard but not brittle. So far they are working fine but they are about $3.00 each. Page 3129 if you are interested in looking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts