Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start by saying a huge thank you to everyone here, all of you have been great, I will always be grateful.

We had planned for me to leave for Portales January 2nd, but we're pretty much forced to push that back at least a month. The main reason is that we just couldn't get the money together, the business hasn't yet sold and has slowed to a crawl. The weather is also a factor, but to a much lesser degree, I've never driven in snow before and I'm scared frankly.

We're due out of the house by Jan. 15, we're staying with friends 'til it's time to go, it ought to be interesting, trying to be on our best behaviour 24/7 for a month, we'll have to go for a drive to argue, and we will. But it'll sure be good incentiveto get things resolved asap.

I'll be breaking down the 'puter sometime between the 12th and 14th, but I'll let y'all know before I do and I'll check in via the library from time to time.

I'll get the address where we'll be staying to Ward and Rich, if anyone needs it they can get it from them. My Osborn Rd addy is good until January 15.

Bobby, I will try to get yours done and mailed before the 15th.

Please post here or pm me if I haven't settled a trade with you. I'm 99% percent sure that I only owe Bobby and Computerguy(CG, your's will be mailed Wed.), but if I missed anyone LMK.

God, I can't wait to get there!
Thanks again everybody.
John
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Good luck to you John, I only wish we could have met while you were this close and hope to aquire one of your pieces someday. Think about us all still here in Arizona come summer time :devil: when it's hotter than you know what! We'll see ya on the boards, take care.

Clark

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I sent the MO out but I know it'll take more than that to move. Maybe another auction could help since there is another month.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
SS: Driving in snow is a blast (the crashing part sucks). Just kidding around SS. Good luck on the move.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Take it one day at a time John
[IMG-LEFT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/Siggy1265/squirrel.jpg?t=1167578847[/IMG-LEFT]

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
OK, The pic is great! John, speaking for so many on this board, you have been a real blessing around here. You have laid some good seed in the ground with all your PIP's and ROAK's. That crop will come up and bear fruit. Just hang on, it's gonna work.

And in the situation you have described, my wife and I would have to LIVE in the car!
Face it, Arizona just don't want to let you go! Keep us updated the best you can. There is a member that has contacted me about another "Stupid Squirrel Moving Fund" auction. I will keep you all posted!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
69Stang said:
OK, The pic is great! John, speaking for so many on this board, you have been a real blessing around here. You have laid some good seed in the ground with all your PIP's and ROAK's. That crop will come up and bear fruit. Just hang on, it's gonna work.

And in the situation you have described, my wife and I would have to LIVE in the car!
Face it, Arizona just don't want to let you go! Keep us updated the best you can. There is a member that has contacted me about another "Stupid Squirrel Moving Fund" auction. I will keep you all posted!
What we really need is a 'cone of silence', maybe a 'cone of violence' :lol:
Y'all have been so nice, and now another auction may be in the works, you guys are just too much :cry:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Best of luck Mr. Squirrel. Keep your head up and keep a positive mental attitude. Good things will come your way soon. We're all pulling for you. :thumbsup:

JP2

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Pics I took in November

These area few of the pics I shot in November on my trip.
The welcome sign posted on highway 70 at both ends of town

A business of some kind for sale in Portales for $55k, I can't figure out what kind of business it was. The Caboose is part of the building, the side is opened up and attached to the building like a room :cool:

One of three houses we lived in when I was a kid, believe it or not this tiny thing is a 3 bedroom/1 bath, it also has a basement(that's where the Boogey man lives according to my dad). Not pictured is the detached garage where my brother deliberatly got himself bitten by a couple of blackwidow spiders in an effort to become Spiderman (he was 5 or 6 at the time), truth is he's not a whole lot smarter now:lol: This house was for rent in November for $400 a month.

And finally a burned out Chrysler Imperial and liquor store between Ft. Sumner and Floyd NM. I'm thinking diorama in the future.

All right, there ya go. Apparently you can't link directly to pics in photobucket sub albums, moved these back to the main album and Voila!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Best of luck in the new year SS.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
John, best of luck to you and your wife. I'm sure all will turn out great. Just take it as easy as you can one day at a time. :thumbsup: Keep in touch when you can John. It's always good hearing from you. Your good friend, Robert

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
JP2-NC-JL-CRAZY said:
Best of luck Mr. Squirrel. Keep your head up and keep a positive mental attitude. Good things will come your way soon. We're all pulling for you. :thumbsup:

JP2
I second this from N.C., Dave.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dragnet_Supporter said:
That last pic looks like one of your pips with the board holding open the hood...could be a good sign! Take care, John.
I'm seriously thinking about a diorama when I get settled.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Good luck SS . Im not familiar with the west .. Does N.M. get that much snow ??? I have a brother in Tempe AZ , & he says most snow there is up by Flagstaff ... My brother has been there about 20 years now ... I always think of moving out that way too , but Phoenix is too hot in the summer & too crowded . But I hate winter cold too . So I doubt anyplace has the perfect climate for me ...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
edseldave said:
Good luck SS . Im not familiar with the west .. Does N.M. get that much snow ??? I have a brother in Tempe AZ , & he says most snow there is up by Flagstaff ... My brother has been there about 20 years now ... I always think of moving out that way too , but Phoenix is too hot in the summer & too crowded . But I hate winter cold too . So I doubt anyplace has the perfect climate for me ...
Where I'm moving, Portales (92 miles west of Lubbock Texas), it snows 3 sometimes 4 times a year. It sticks a couple days max, does get dang cold though. Parts of I-40 through NM was closed most of the weekend because of snow. I had originally planned on leaving around midnight January 1 (Hey just about now actually!!!!!!!!), but I couldn't get much further than the state line if I were on the road now.

Phoenix and the surrounding communities make up 'The Valley of the Sun';
*4.5 million people (I heard the population is growing by 300 a week)

*19 days last year 117 degrees or hotter, including 1 week in august when the coolest daytime high was 117 and the hottest was 119. Overnight LOWS that whole week averaged 101.

*117 days of 100 degrees + (Last 100 degree day this year was Nov.5)

*241 murders

* #1 nationally for auto theft

*#1 nationally for Identity theft

*#1 nationally for red light running accidents

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I wish you the Best SS.

If you are interested in the rain, let me know. We have warm rain for summer and cold rain for winter. ( its not all that bad) Up here in the Pacific Northwest we say that we don't tan, we rust.
As for being cold, that is a state of mind and I bet Lubbock gets colder than Tacoma. LOL
All The Best,
Richard

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
SS: Those statistics you listed are another reason Id rather not move to Phoenix ... Another brother of mine lives in CA . Their high taxes , overly high housing costs & seemingly anti - car ways are a reason I dont want to go there either .. Although Wisconsin is always in the top 5 for high taxes too ... Between the feds & the state , easily 1/3 of my wages dissapear in taxes ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts