Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I agree with the Monogram kits in the '60s - I think I built every one of them at least once!
My old man was a Methodist preacher. We moved at least every 5 years. If they built a new parsonage during our stay we'd move two more times at that same charge. I moved 11 times between 1951 and 1971. Everytime we moved the model collection got scrapped and I had to start over. Lost some pretty good stuff in those first two decades. The last move, I packed my own stuff and still have several of those. When I moved the last time in 1972 I swore the next move would be the cemetery.... I'm still here.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Is that the big red tomato? Starksy and Hutch's Gran Torino. Racer X behind it? I also say a Mach 5 and another to the left I couldnt make out.
Which one can't you make out? The Seaview in the living room has a Mach 5 and a batmobile bracing it.

·
Administrator
25,925 Posts
I can see the Mach 5 and the Batmoble under the stern of the Seaview. The one I cant recognize is in the same cabinet on top of the receiver unit - the one to the left. I cant think of the name for the one on the right either but think it is from Deep Space Nine.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I updated my website tour of my models displays, and the stash. Well, I really didn't take new pics of the stash, 'cause it looks pretty much the same. But the display shelves (and what's on them) have evolved some.

Clicky here:
John, You should take your OVER ABUNDANCE of kits and open a hobby store...either online OR brick 'n mortar.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts