Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where do I find Diecast kits?

I am a fairly new collector. I like to buy modesl, but I love to build them. I know that you can find a plastic kit for anything out there But I want to build diecast models my self. There is just something more about the models that I assembel my self compared to the ones that I just buy. It is a sense of pride I get. If anyone can tell me where, online to find the kits I will be one happy fellow. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
WEBM--Well, what type of kits are you looking for? Jada, Maisto, Muscle Machines, Revell as well as a few other companies I cannot think of make diecast kits.
At any rate, you've come to the right place, and Welcome aboard!!!
Chris

R

·
0 Posts
Johnny Lightning makes or used to make - 1/64 scale kits of a bunch of different cars

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Welcome Aboard.
Maitso has single car packs and RC has 4 car packs where you can make your own.
Hot Wheels had a "Factory" where you could make your own Hot Wheels.
JL has some floating around, Jada has lots of kits and Modifiers.
I found the Modifiers at Fred Meyers, which is part of Kroger now and the other kits are found at Toys R US and KB Toys along with hobby shops.
Sometimes they show up at Swap meets and in some cases you can buy them from online dealers.
I hope this helps.
Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SO far I have found some kits from BeansTalk (Ford GTO), A plymouth prowler from American muscle, and few Burago kits, Maisto and 2 johnny lightning Batmobiles. I am not really picky about who makes them, I am just looking for kits to build. I like the 1/18 or the 1/24, I am not big on anything smaller than that. ANY help would really be appreciated!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kits - multmedia; many (most?) metal, others resin

This link directs you to a site in the UK that is diverse and trustworthy.
http://www.grandprixmodels.com/index.html

I do not know what you build or in what scale, but GPM is a wonderful resource, incl their monthly newsletter - check it out. Mostly are 1/43ed, then 1/24th, and other scales like 1/18th and 1/12th (especially by a company called Model Plus), the only problem is the cost, especially as you get into the larger scales. I purchase only one or two a year and enjoy the building process. In fact, one of the most detailled and complex models I have built was a 1/43ed scale BBR F2002 Ferrari F1 model. If I remember correctly the brakes alone were of six to eight parts, right down to the vented rotors and Ferodo decal on the gold calipers. Kept the wheel off just to show it off. The Tameo Ferrari kit is just as detailled and easier to build.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts