Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm pretty new to posting here, but I thought I would add a little something to this one...... ;) I don't now about previous White Lightning sales for this seller, but the current ones just look like they bought quite a few of the "Grab Bags", and are selling of what they got..... :confused: Not saying whether that's right or wrong, just trying to help answer the question that was asked..... :D

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
I just bought 5 WL's Gabe. He is good to deal with. fast shipping, good packing, cars came in protecto packs. :wave:

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
WL's by the case...

What does this Gabe person do for a living (when he isn't selling WL cars)?

Is he a graphic artist, car photographer or package designer per chance?

·
Registered
966 Posts
heard many good things about him, and have made purchases, quality and service is great and does not bs his cards, mint means m i n t. mho he is the best wl seller on the bay. period. as for where wls comefrom, he must have a pretty good system of storks :D

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I haven't searched for his cars, but what Badpauls said makes sense. Previously, there have been no limits on grab bags at Fest. I have heard of people coming in and buying hundreds of bags all at once.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I've made many purchases from him. One of my favorite sellers. Fast shipping, good packing. Top notch in my book :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
don't matter to me where he gets the stuff that he sells....as long as i could acquire a fest 2004 chevy bel aire for only 4.00, i'm happy :) ....and the service is pretty darn good too (priority s&h for only 4.00)....

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
If I remember right people were complaining a couple years ago because he was buying so many grab bags at the fest.
I have bought cars from him and so has a friend of mine and neither of us had any complaints.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
rlyoung1 said:
If I remember right people were complaining a couple years ago because he was buying so many grab bags at the fest.
I have bought cars from him and so has a friend of mine and neither of us had any complaints.

I seen him purchase 100s of grab bags at Fest. And I heard he bought 100s more when the were available to club members. I met him and his family at Fest. Gabe is a nice guy and I do not believe he has the affiliation with PM that was thought.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've wondered where many of the people selling whites get them. I know some of them are dealers because they always include something along the lines of "opened more cases and got these...". Some have hundereds of them and then sell them for much inflated prices. Would be nice for the common folk to have a better crack at some of those whites off the shelf but, thats life. Maybe I need to become a JL dealer. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Gabe bought 1000 grab bags at fest 2003, he doesn't have that many WLs any more, look at the date of the first post, it was 2003.

·
Registered
8 Posts
bigdaddygabe

All, not sure if I shared this with you and apologize if I already have and failed to recheck. Just wanted to share with you that I have negotitated obtaining the #11, #25 and #29 of the Johnny Lightning 50th series of 1/64 Corvettes. 11 and 25 are mail order only and I believe 29 is also. I know 29 (1988 35th Anniversary car-all white-some think it is a white lightning by mistake) is a hard car to get and will become more difficult to get as time goes on. I feel fortunate and this should complete my collection. Thank you all for your guidance,etc. I apologize if I seem a little brash-I'm just excited to have them all!
Bill :p :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts