Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im patiently waiting for this release....and have been since I ordered it in November last year. What is happening, anyone know?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
The Auto-Trucks it got swapped with are out so it'll be a bit, but it shouldn't be too long hopefully.

I know I've been wanting that '61 Chrysler since I first heard about it.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
They were supposed to be out last December. Sad part about it, I ordered and paid for my set months ago. Same thing with Detroit Crusiers 2. The 300 had serious profile issues and I'm guessing that's what is holding it up. I wished they would have substituted something else for the Chrysler and released the Chrysler when it's ready.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Auto-Trucks it got swapped with are out so it'll be a bit, but it shouldn't be too long hopefully.

I know I've been wanting that '61 Chrysler since I first heard about it.
Actually, the car will be a 1960 model; not 1961. If you count sequentially by letter with B from 1956, the 60 is letter F . I confirmed this with Sean T just after this set was first announced and he agreed this was an error which should not have been announced so soon. So, the car will be a 1960 300F when it appears!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Actually, the car will be a 1960 model; not 1961. If you count sequentially by letter with B from 1956, the 60 is letter F . I confirmed this with Sean T just after this set was first announced and he agreed this was an error which should not have been announced so soon. So, the car will be a 1960 300F when it appears!

Makes sense. I'm not very familiar with the 300, I love the looks of em though!

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
I know there were problems with the release and it was delayed because of that - I suspect if M2 delayed a release, they want it to be right when it hits the market.

They have not canceled as of yet, so it is still intended to be released.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
That is good that they want it to be right, but it's been so long, i don't even remember what's in the dc2 set i pre ordered.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
That is good that they want it to be right, but it's been so long, i don't even remember what's in the dc2 set i pre ordered.
To refresh your memory....

courtesy milezone.com

Remember, the Chrysler will be a 1960, not a 1961 as it shows on the base in the pic.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
To refresh your memory....

courtesy milezone.com

Remember, the Chrysler will be a 1960, not a 1961 as it shows on the base in the pic.
Mark,

I think Craig is talking about this release below .... Detroit Cruisers Release 2

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
owwww, the canopy truck!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, Sean, as a direct order from a consortium of collectors, we must ask nicely(demand) this set be released post haste.:p

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I also am waiting for both these sets . The one problem I see with Detroit Cruisers is the Stude canopy truck ... They did a special release of this truck a while back in red & said it wouldnt be repeated !! Now the pics here look like the same color !.... Even if its not the exact shade of red They could of least did it in a different color altogether ... Like blue or something ..

·
Registered
520 Posts
So does the 57 Chrysler 300 have the record for the most M2 versions? I swear they show up in every series now.
There is no '57 300C in the Wild Cards series - yet. Given time I'm sure that will happen... :wave:

A fair number of these 300C's are peg warmers at my local stores so it seems there is limited demand for them. I do like them and have most variations made though.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
I would like to see these released soon, too!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I've been waiting also and hopeing to hear something here from Sean. The 300F looks like it has serious proportion problems so that is probably the holdup. However, many guys like myself have pre-ordered pre-paid for these and D-C2 months ago. I also ordered another car from another release along with them and it is being held up as well. Now is the time for M2 to just let us know whats going on. There shouldn't be anything holding D-C2 as they're just repaints.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts