Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driver side front tire always first to lift off ground... and up in the air when turned left or right and you give it some throttle. The chassis yanks to one side and really does not wheely very nice compared to my other Tamiya or Traxxas rides.

Is this because of the the straight axle design?

It was set up with extended links but I put it back to stock and the shocks are still pretty soft. What should I do besides get a real truck, learn to drive and all that? Some ideas would be great. I want to move on to other projects.

·
Registered
304 Posts
check you drive pines. i think a wheely king is awd so i would check them all. you might of broken one and not known it. that can make it pull as for the wheely i would say hard spings and high wight oil in the rear.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shocks probably need redone, guess I was trying to avoid those. But should check for length too.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rebuilt the shocks to be stiffer but the truck still pulls up on one side more than the other... making it want to roll over. Cant do a wheely in a straight line... veers off to the side. Anybody ideas?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Did you remove the sway bar brace on the rear? that X shaped brace eliminates the torque twist.
I extended my WK with the crawler links... torque twist was a problem... I'm trying stiffer springs all the way around.. hopefully that will help.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sway bar brace...
That may be what I'm missing.
Will look for it.

I went from one extreme to the other with the shock oil. It was like baby oil and the shocks were super soft. Then I put in 50wt oil and wrapped the springs in 3M Vetrap. Now the suspension is pretty stiff. LOL

It was going in the direction of a crawler but now the kid just wants it to wheely.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found that X shaped part and put it on.
The wheels are good no twist.
Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

The truck still pulls to the left really bad when trying a wheely.
What could this be or is it normal?

·
Registered
20 Posts
mine did this to i used some lead weight , fishing sinkers taped them to the side that was raising when i got enough on to stop it from doing it i weighd it and used some solid bar attatched to top of frame , goes straight know. i think its common due to motor torque, if you dont like it in the open try alttle sand for weight in that front tire,

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats not a bad idea, maybe some lead tape on the inside of the front rim.
I loosened all the wheel nuts some and it seemed to make a difference too.
Maybe I had one a little too tight.
The diffs are locked not sure if that makes a difference.

The kid is pretty happy with it. Just wish I could do something to keep it from rolling over so much. Guess you cant have everything.

I put the servo down front in the middle. Now he wants 4 wheel steer. :cry:
Good basher though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
they are fun i just extended mine with a clod body for a scale look it still wheelys like crazy i added more balancing sand to front tires so it wouldnt come up so hard thus stopping it from rolling over , balancing sand is used on large 1.1 scale trucks with big tires that you cant get on a balancing machine,i had some left over from my 44's play sand would work the added length made it more stable next is a set of swamp dawgs and a widening kit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts