Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The vans at walmart for a dollar,are great donors for wheels and nice detailed under carriage,here is the cutlass with the chevy wheels and tires ,they kinda look like the oldsmobile hub caps,and the chevette with the dodge van wheels.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
That Olds looks super. I didn't know those van wheels swapped out like that. I'll have to get a few - a buck each at WM.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
dmc874 said:
OK. I have to ask. Where did the Chevette come from? I kinda like it.
Motormax's American Graffiti series. The Chevettes are also now out in the Fresh Cherries line as well.

Try this other Hobbytalk thread for some other pics. The Chevette pictured in this thread is in the American Graffiti series only this one has had the flames removed. ;)

crafty

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
In the day of the Chevette, we use to call it the Shove-it or the poor man's Vette. I don't think I ever saw a Chevette in the American Graffiti movie.

·
Registered
896 Posts
terry9911 said:
In the day of the Chevette, we use to call it the Shove-it or the poor man's Vette. I don't think I ever saw a Chevette in the American Graffiti movie.

It's weird..it seems like Motor Max is using the 'American Grafitti' name just as a brand with no connection to the movie, which was set in 1962, IIRC..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts