Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I was talking about in the other post. This is how I make my wheel base wider for the RAT RODS. Base drilled out with side of bit. The pin Glued into place. Beefed up axle rod cut to desired size. Glue 1 wheel, slide through, glue the other. Rolls Fast as F%$K! Works very good. I have been using Muscle Machine Wheels/Tires, beefed up axle rod twists into wheels pretty tight so you do do really need to glue them for display reasons. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave: http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p169/straightpipes666/hotwheels045.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p169/straightpipes666/hotwheels041.jpg

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not know the techinal term. I know is some sort of PIN, We had them at work. Some heavy duty doors for buildings have them to hold the handle on. It is metal with a slit down the side so when you knock it in the hole of the door handle it closes up tight. That is all I know. Regular tubing from a hobby store would work but these are the perfect length for hot wheels 1:64 etc... So I don't know what they are called. I will find out and post it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
snotrod666 said:
I do not know the techinal term. I know is some sort of PIN, We had them at work. Some heavy duty doors for buildings have them to hold the handle on. It is metal with a slit down the side so when you knock it in the hole of the door handle it closes up tight. That is all I know. Regular tubing from a hobby store would work but these are the perfect length for hot wheels 1:64 etc... So I don't know what they are called. I will find out and post it. :thumbsup:
I believe they are called a "split pin". Now that you've described it, it does look familiar. We use them at work also to secure plastic and metal gears to shafts on garage door openers. I don't think we have any that small though.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That's bad a$$...love how this one turned out. Too bad those MM ww's aren't available anymore...they came up with those too late. :drunk: I really like how the big rear meats look on this one. :thumbsup:

Jerry

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Thanx, but those are regular MM tires I custom cut White Vinyl Circles to make them White Walls. I work in the Sign Business and the High Performance Vinyls lay like Paint on those Rubber tires. I have a vinyl cutter here at my house. I have thinking of offering WhiteWall Sets to those who want them. ANYBODY???? I will trade for a KING KUDA or 2 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Dadvball said:
I believe they are called a "split pin". :wave:

They are also know as spring pins and roll pins. Whichever name you use though, they're a great idea for altering axel lenghts. I wish I had used one on the '32 Ford that i did a few years back. I've always had trouble keeping the back axels in that thing because they're split.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts