Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone here cares for cars like Vampyra, Sharkruiser etc...

I remember seeing those cars as a kid and I wanted nothing to do with them--then for whatever reason I started with Sharkruiser and have been buying it ever since!

I'll also give a shout out to Double Demon for being so ugly and weird that it's kinda cool.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
My favorite two are newer ones, the Fangula and the Astro Funk. I shy more and more away from Hot Wheels creations but I'll keep buying those two castings.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like the wierdness of Pirahna Terror...

(borrowed image)

I think its cool, in a fishy kinda way. The huge metal 'jaw' is part of the chassis and appears to also serve as a counter-balance for this extremely SWB car.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a huge fan of both Astro Funk and Fangula...Ed Roth, George Barris and Tom Daniel combined!

Gotta love that 60's Surf Rock, SoCal Hot Rod vibe!

·
Premium Member
9,570 Posts
Their All My Favorites.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Eventhough I only get realistic cars for the collection, there are a few "odd" castings that I will get when the ycome out.
I've always liked the Sling Shot and Maelstrom are two uf the older castings that I will get and from the newer ones I do like the Astro Funk and Fangula.
That video clip of Ed Roth's car looks a lot like the Popcycle.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Just did these up like I thought they should have been done.

You can't see it in the pics but the headlights and taillights have been detailed as well.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Are my eyes fooling me or is that an Orange Astro Funk??

I've got the green, the white & the pink mystery ones but haven't seen the orange. My daughter loves that casting!!

Just did these up like I thought they should have been done.

You can't see it in the pics but the headlights and taillights have been detailed as well.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Are my eyes fooling me or is that an Orange Astro Funk??

I've got the green, the white & the pink mystery ones but haven't seen the orange. My daughter loves that casting!!
It's your eyes...and the crappy pics. LOL That is the pink one. I still need to get my hands on a white one to finish the hat trick.
Here's a couple more pics of the pink one...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts