Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I am dating myself by saying this, but I truly loved the UFO from the movie Escape from Witch Mountain and its sequel. I thought the design was rather kewl and was disappointed that there was never a model kit done of it.

As for the tv UFOs I really liked some of the ones in the old tv show called Project UFO, yes some were a tad hokey but some were very well done

·
Registered
103 Posts
My favorite for movies of course has to be the UFO mothership from Close Encounters of the Third Kind, but for tv I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Nothing really stands out.

·
Starship Class
11,925 Posts
I've always favored the standard style and variations of ufos on Gerry Anderson's "UFO."

The Ray Harryhausen saucers are also some of my most favorite.

The "Independence Day" mother ships are also way up there in my estimation.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I like the Independence day ships also. I also really liked the 'walnut' ship from Flight of the Navigator. I thought the idea of the ship morphing for the best aerodynamics was pertty cool.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
PerfesserCoffee said:
I've always favored the standard style and variations of ufos on Gerry Anderson's "UFO."
I liked those ufos as well. I was only about 6 or 7 when that show came on here in Georgia, but I remeber the impact that it had on me. I used to take used round headlights and pretend that they were the ufos.

Some of my other favorite TV ufos would be the ones that were made for "Project Blue Book". I think that was the name of the show, It was an early 80's precursor to the X Files. The models were usually just kitbashed from wahtever they could find. I always had fun trying to pick out the parts form other models and the hubcaps that they used.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about the Cid and Marty Kroft show The Lost Saucer that was a pretty kewl ship too. Don't you just love those 60s 70s ships.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
My personal all time favorite is and always will be the simple yet futuristic, classic TV Jupiter II.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
The "U" in "UFO" stands for "unidentified"! The Jupiter 2 may qualify as a "flying saucer," but it isn't a UFO — it's an Earth ship! Just like the C57D.

I've always liked the spaceship from Invasion of the Saucer Men — sort of a lopsided saucer with fins and engine nacelles attached. Someone used to make a GK of it, but it doesn't seem to be available now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't know if this one is tv or movie (since it was both) but what about "V". Simple yet effective and I aways loved the small support crafts.

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
I can't decide between the ships from Earth vs. the Flying Saucers and Martin's ship from [the TV show] My Favorite Martian which I like better. Two completely different designs, and yet I can't choose... :(

·
Starship Class
11,925 Posts
SPINDRIFT62 said:
What about the Cid and Marty Kroft show The Lost Saucer that was a pretty kewl ship too. Don't you just love those 60s 70s ships.
The saucer was great--kind of reminded me of the Jupiter II in some respects--I liked it a lot. I didn't care for anything else in the show, however. Gomer Pyle as a robot?

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Well, then I stand corrected and will amend my all-time favorite to the UFO from The Invaders (although David Vincent was able to properly identify them as otherworldly, alien spacecraft and thus technicly speaking weren't totally "Unidentified"). :tongue:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts