Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a TEK18 and I love it. It was an rc18b that I upgraded to Exotek Tek18 chassis. It isn't completely done yet, but it is very nice. Takes the rc18t to a whole new level. Some call it a mini-B44. :woohoo::thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
didnt know if 1/12 scale is considered mini now but have you guys seen the new onroad 1/12 gas yes i said gas car from kyosho i posted a video of it in the onroad chat looks pretty cool

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
What's so great, that's where 1/12 started as a jerobee. They just brought one out now as gas is booming again with trucks. Anything to talk people into a new old fad.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
true but it looks a lot more cool than the old jerobee
Naw they look more up to date. The Jerobee looked like a 1965 Jim Hall Can Am racer from back in the day. Mine had a Cox .049 for power and it would scream. Square box transmitter throttle on the side of the box. man those were the days! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
689 Posts
lol you know i still have one of those i took and mounted a slot car handle on the back of it and linkages so i had a hand held box cause i couldnt afford the new kraft radio yeah those were the days thats for sure

·
Registered
100 Posts
scalpel,s are the sh*T to bad our track closed down the last 2 races we ran we converted our scalpels to mod running a small 2 cell lipo on on side of the chassis and the rec.and esc on the othere with brushed motors the little cars really came to life and shined im back racing 1/24th scale slot cars now i c the brp uses a slot car motor its a super 16d with a rotor setup and a cheap china arm if the guys that run the brp would go to a local slot car track and get the stuff to build an super 16 c motor with american made armature trued and balance you would be blown away by the speed of that car

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
dhanby123

The latest BRPs are using the 370 motors from the Assoc. RC18t for motors. They have good speed and are more durable then the slot car motors. We did try the super 16 with the american arms. We still had heat problems but that was on 6 cells. We run 4 cells now and are about the same speed.
Tang

·
Registered
100 Posts
oh ok sounds cool i havent seen a brp in a long time sounds like you guys have them figured out.. any pictures of the new chassis ??

·
Registered
100 Posts
I hear ya seems like in this part of the country everyone wants to run offroad i hate offroad its to dirty and hard on eq. all the indoor shops have closed except for one out in charlote about 2 hours from me one is left in china grove but they only race the mini z on a small rcp track not sure if the track would be big enough to run the brp .. hey bud you could send me a practice car to find out ha ha ha.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts