Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
had 2 micro rs4s couldnt give them away, my rc18t took a long time and some cash to make it more durrable and now I never drive it, mini z f1, a childs toy BY FAR THE BEST SMALL CAR IS THE BRP you cant bust it!! On indoor carpet oval or road> one car limited adjustments simplify racing and brings competition back to driver not wallet

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I will agree with guff, I own mini-inferno st's, a 18B, and a vendetta ST. And the vendetta is the most reliable, non-problematic , and durable out of the lot. Pluss the pillow ball front suspension is awesome!! Its so nice to have a mini that actually keeps its camber and toe settings for more than a few batteries.Not to knock the RC 18 series ,but it just takes tooo much $$$$ to make them tough enough to race in dirt.After a lap or 2 you can count on getting a rock or 10 in the spur gear and tearing up a pinion.Pretty crappy when you consider i have NEVER had a rock in the gears on the Vendetta ST.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I like my Micro RS4. Not the greatest car stock, but with a few upgrades it could be a good car. Plus HPI has some of the best looking 1/18 scale bodies. The BRP car's are a much better race bred chassis, but man the BRP bodies are just plain FUGLY!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Indy racer shouldn't you be more concerned about going fast instead of what your stuff looks like??Isn't that what RACING is???????????Maybe I'm wrong but give me a fast fun to drive Brp car over a slow HPI looks good piece of crap any day!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
well. i just started the rc stuff but i really like my rc 18 mt good ofroad and on road for electrics. i dont see why brps are soo good they are more expensive and there are alway enw once comin out so all of them are contently obsolete. but it depends on what u feel like.

·
Registered
400 Posts
420 Tech R/C said:
I will agree with guff, I own mini-inferno st's, a 18B, and a vendetta ST. And the vendetta is the most reliable, non-problematic , and durable out of the lot. Pluss the pillow ball front suspension is awesome!! Its so nice to have a mini that actually keeps its camber and toe settings for more than a few batteries.Not to knock the RC 18 series ,but it just takes tooo much $$$$ to make them tough enough to race in dirt.After a lap or 2 you can count on getting a rock or 10 in the spur gear and tearing up a pinion.Pretty crappy when you consider i have NEVER had a rock in the gears on the Vendetta ST.
i agree but the rc 18 mt is actually a good stock car. although i have never really raced many others i thing the vendetta is expensive to start out with. but it all depends on how much you are into the racing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rc18mt

So far my hand down favorite DO ALL is the RC18MT,

But for on track I'm torn between the better handling BRP cars, and the M18's we run at the LHS. I WISH they had a pan car class :(

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
BRP's are the unbreakable best!!! I bought 3 1/10th oval cars in the spring before I started racing BRP's. The 1/10 ovals are now for sale with out ever running them. Just be sure to keep the male and female BRP's in seperate cages. They're worse than rabbit's. I had 1 for 2 1/2 years then I bought a 2nd one. Now six months later I have 8.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I'm impressed with BRP because of its handling, proven design, tires choices, body choices, low cost, customer service. They're very popular in this area. Any parts I need are available at the track. When I did order one it was on my doorstep the next day.
I don't do micro. I also have a rc18t. Great little dirt car.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts