Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Easy answer...it's....um....er....ahh....I'll get back to you man...
Mcdee:confused:

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Star Trek V Enterprise.

:tongue:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hard to choose between my Aurora Tribute Dracula, Janus' Lon Chaney Man of a Thousand Faces, or Forbidden Zone's Son of Frankenstein

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Seems to be a hard one to answer for most folks; I'm the same, but it's probably Mr Spock if you can count it with its three-headed snake as a monster kit. If not, probably MOTM Creature.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I have 1 favourite styrene and 1 favourite resin.
Styrene- the Aurora Vampire. Not true horror I know- she's a humourous kit. She's still a vampire though, and I love her to bits!! She's a cutie.

Resin- Ramblin' Rose from German Garage. No gore, but the most unsettling zombie kit you'll ever see. Once beautiful, as some muscles have broken down and others tightened and dried, she's been pulled into a twisted, contorted corpse. Truly disturbing....

Chris.:)

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
Styrene: Aurora's The Forgotten Prisoner of Castel-Maré; a sentimental favorite since this is the first kit I ever built back-in-the-day. A close second goes to Aurora's Frankenstein kit, also for sentimental reasons.

Resin: My new favorite is the recent "Monster" kit sculpted by Adam Dougherty.

Vinyl: Billiken Frankenstein; arguably the best sculpt of the Monster in that scale.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Thats a tough call, favorite styrene....maybe Auroras Blackbeard...or bride of frank,...but then the new invisible man and Nosferatu rank pretty high as well... Resin? probably the Janus Drac and Bride..or is it the Janus mummy? Vinyl, billikin Frank..ohh but I like the billiken Drac about as well.....my head hurts now..to much thinking..LOL My "Children of the Night" I love them all..

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
I have an original Penguin, Wonder Woman and now Confederate Raider in my collection and although they're not horror kits, I would have to say they are my favorites! Although choosing one is not an easy task!! - Denis

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I assume you mean kits that we actualy own now or have had in the past. Not just what would be cool to have. Here is my top 5 horror kits in both plastic and resin that I own:

Where to begin??? Plastic...1st The Aurora Forgotten Prisoner. 2nd The Aurora Creature from the Black Lagoon. 3rd The Aurora Mummy. 4th The Moebius Mummy. 5th...no laughing please..The MPC Dark Shadows Werewolf!:tongue:

Resin: 1 Night Gallery large Forgotten Prisoner of Castle Mare. 2nd Aurora tribute Dr. Jekyle as Mr. Hyde. 3rd XO-Facto's Dracula has rissen from the grave. 4th Aurora tribute Phantom of the opera. 5th Aurora Tribute Wolfman.

Are we allowed any Sci-Fi ?:cool:

Plastic: 1st Polar Lights1/350 refit Enterprise. 2nd Moebuis 1/128 Seaview/ 3rd Moebius large Flying Sub. 4th Moebius Chariot. 5th Moebius Space Pod.

Resin: 1st Lunar Models 18in Lost in Space Cyclops. 2nd Posigrade creations Silent Running Drones..Huey..Duey and Louie. 3rd Lunar Models Lost in Space Robot. 4th Lunar Models Robby the Robot. 5th Caped Customs 1/25 Batmobile.

And Soon to be on everyones list....The forth comming Moebius Jupiter 2! Only about a week or so away!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I assume you mean kits that we actualy own now or have had in the past. Not just what would be cool to have. Here is my top 5 horror kits in both plastic and resin that I own:

Where to begin??? Plastic...1st The Aurora Forgotten Prisoner. 2nd The Aurora Creature from the Black Lagoon. 3rd The Aurora Mummy. 4th The Moebius Mummy. 5th...no laughing please..The MPC Dark Shadows Werewolf!:tongue:

Resin: 1 Night Gallery large Forgotten Prisoner of Castle Mare. 2nd Aurora tribute Dr. Jekyle as Mr. Hyde. 3rd XO-Facto's Dracula has rissen from the grave. 4th Aurora tribute Phantom of the opera. 5th Aurora Tribute Wolfman.

Are we allowed any Sci-Fi ?:cool:

Plastic: 1st Polar Lights1/350 refit Enterprise. 2nd Moebuis 1/128 Seaview/ 3rd Moebius large Flying Sub. 4th Moebius Chariot. 5th Moebius Space Pod.

Resin: 1st Lunar Models 18in Lost in Space Cyclops. 2nd Posigrade creations Silent Running Drones..Huey..Duey and Louie. 3rd Lunar Models Lost in Space Robot. 4th Lunar Models Robby the Robot. 5th Caped Customs 1/25 Batmobile.

And Soon to be on everyones list....The forth comming Moebius Jupiter 2! Only about a week or so away!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
some great kits.i wish someone would make a new barnibas collins kit(johnanan frid).

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have the horizon frank, and love it.
but i hear so many good things about billiken's,
i would like to see a picture of them side by side.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
For styrene, I would go with Moebius/Aurora Big Frankie Glow Version. I know it isn't very scary or not much of a horror, but I love that kit!

For resin I would have to go with Mark Newmans Moonsinger werewolf. Still my all time favorite, and that includes a lot of great kits :cool: I would definitely have to give a nod to the Earthbound Big Head series as well, and Forbidden Zones Frankenstein, Dracula, and Wolfman busts are just about perfect :thumbsup:

For Vinyl I would choose the Billiken Dracula. But since I traded mine away I would choose Billiken Saucer Man.

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
anybody have both billiken frank and horizon frank for comparison.?
Ive got both, and they are both great (and very similar), but I think I like the billikin likeness just a tad better.
I agree. I don't have the Horizon Frankenstein kit, but I built one for a friend years ago. The two kits are very similar in most respects; the poses are almost identical except for the arms, and I also think the Billiken kit has a better likeness. If I hadn't lucked onto the Billiken kit at a convention years ago I would most certainly have the Horizon kit in my stash.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
My favorite is the Aurora Phantom of the Opera for sentimental reasons. It was the first kit my folks bought for me, and I still remember sitting at the kitchen table while my mom assembled it with Elmer's glue.
My second favorite is the Aurora Bride of Frankenstein, a kit which I coveted for years as a kid, and finally ordered directly from Aurora. Still remember the day it arrived in the mail.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts