Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently returned to the hobby. I have a few of most brands and types of cars. MB even set me up with a pair of G-Jets! The T-Jets are the first ones I put on the track. Life changes. Love of T-jets remains.
T-jets were the first ones I put on a track also. But they were my older brothers cars and I was too young to appreciate them or maintain them. By the time the AFX mags came out with the newer track I was building some intricate track designs on my ping pong table and getting into some real racing with my buddies. Also started hitting the hobby shops and larger tracks. So after “growing up” and now hitting semi retirement I have a lot more time on my hands and have gotten back into the hobby. I have managed to recollect most of the cars off of Ebay that I owned in my youth and still am still focused on the AFX mags and G plus. I have a few Mega G plus but they are way too fast for my liking.

·
Registered
Thunderjets, Lesney Matchbox, Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning
40 Posts
I've only got 2 answers to give you, one is "the best" and the other is closer to your actual question: "my favorite." They are not the same answer.

The best:
Tyco 440 X2
Hands down, no comparison: best consumer-grade chassis ever.

My favorite:
The "Chevy small-block" of chassis: the venerable Thunderjet. More specifically, the Auto World Ultra-G variant. And why?

HERE'S WHY:

Now show me the slot car chassis that gives you more variety and more beauty than that for body selection and I may look into trading my entire fleet! Else... T-Jets 4 Evah!

·
Registered
1 Posts
mines got to be

1. Aurora tjet, they drive good and handle great with the right tires
2. AFX non mag, mine run awesome, especially with a mean green arm
3. AFX magnatraction lighted
4. AFX magnatraction
5. AW tjet

41 - 46 of 46 Posts