Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start by saying… The TOUR/BRL organizers have done and continue to do a great job getting classes put together. I am not trying to get more classes.
This is just to see what racers like; weather it is a TOUR/BRL class or a class like ran at your local Speedway.
For me it is something nostalgic and ran at the local big car tracks. I grew up around NASCAR modifies. The 30’s style coupes, sedans and later the late model bodied mods. Then there are mid-fifties cars, Late 60’s Camaros and Mustangs that filled the Hobby Stock, Bombers and Chargers type classes.
There are SK mod rules already. As for the other class maybe a 17.5, blinky esc, spec battery, WGT tires and only the older style Associated type frontend ( seems the others are very hard to get).

Just my Dream Classes what’s yours

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
10.5 0 timing :thumbsup:This was my fav class we have ran in the last 7 years.

If I could make my own club weekly class

New Cot
WGT tires
0 timing
Open batt

Jake

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Mine is exactly what we run down at jeffs rc studio it is a 13.5 open but with wgt spec tires.. the speed is there and the cars are equal when it comes to grip. so either you can wheel it or you cant..

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
My guess, is that if you went with something like
these, it would only be about a month before some guys
had around 600 bucks into one...
There would be new stators, maters, gators, big batteries,
laptop programs for six different speedcontrols,
with blinky, stinky, twinkie and what ever else.
Then in about 6 months, there would be the
gotta have 900 dollar dyno!!
Or better yet, come up with a USB conversion,
that becomes an actual part of the chassis,
that you just pop into your laptop!
A new class for the Snowbirds!!
Traction compound goes on with a Q-Tip!!
Send your CE chargers out NOW for the conversion!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Current BRL 17.5 truck class with a few changes.
One mfg's chassis, no changes or after market parts.
Open springs and shock oil.
One mfg's motor, no changes other then adjusting timing.
One mfg's speed control, no timing adjustment.
One mfg's truck body, current BRL body rules.
One mfg's WGT tires.
Open 64P gearing.
Open radio

I'm talking about a stable class year to year. A person wanting to start knows exactly what he needs, at least equipment wise, to be on an even playing field with everyone else.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
17.5 Open
Open Mod

That is all you need! Period!
Yes. I'm with Terry and Zoom52 on this. Open mod is so nice because you don't have to worry about rollouts and timing because you have more power than you need. I had the most fun ever running open mod at Snowbirds this year. What a blast. All you had to think about was driving and handling. My 5.5 motor ran cool (at 145F) and had more power than I needed. Love it silly! It's looking like open mod entries will be even higher this year.

·
Registered
817 Posts
One mfg's WGT tires.
Open 64P gearing.
Open radio

I'm talking about a stable class year to year. A person wanting to start knows exactly what he needs, at least equipment wise, to be on an even playing field with everyone else.
You left out batteries...........:dude:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
One mfg's WGT tires.
Open 64P gearing.
Open radio

I wouldn't call it my dream class. I like the way you think. The Chassis would be a hard sell. I would just go with a t-plate car. They are not going away and I think a KSG Gen1 would run with a modern t-plate car in that class. Stock Assc front ends less king pins/caster blocks.

·
Registered
356 Posts
One mfg's WGT tires.
Open 64P gearing.
Open radio

If that was the class I would stay in it and not be selling everything off.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
They do have a class like that, except for the same body, and the class has run at the snowbirds. The legends class. There is already a natl set of rules out only one manufactuer makes them.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
They tried a speck class back in the day. I think Trinity made the car it was a basic t-plate car. But the class didn't take off.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
For me,and IMO It would be 13.5 Open COT.I recall back in the 09'-10' carpet season at R/C Madness,with the wing COT's Puf19/Nick Leone,OldTimer/Ken Boehem and the guys from New England had some "KILLER" battles on the Big oval at Madness.More than enough speed,and everyone used the same body.Of course all had much experience,and wheel time,so awesome close racing,and plenty FAST.I wished I had even a small piece of the talent that was FLYIN' then. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never thought i would like it but my local track has just opened back up and we run four classes, three of them are breakout. It really helps on keepin the cost down and is alot more fun than i would of ever thought. You have to work on setup and consistency, the last race we ran 8 sec. truck had 21 entrys and you had to run the max laps to make the A main, the car 7 sec. had 12 and you also had to run the max laps to make the A main. With that being said alot of the guys racing are the one I raced with in the early 90's and they are running the cars we had back then and still up front.

·
Registered
308 Posts
One mfg's WGT tires.
Open 64P gearing.
Open radio

I'm talking about a class using today's modern pan chassis, with all the adjustments. Your skill in the pits and your driving on the track, with a little luck, puts you up front.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts