Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the new Blues Brothers diorama set and noticed something funny about the Bluesmobile on the packaging:

Yep, it's a B-body Bluesmobile and not a C-body Monaco! :eek:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess is the "Bluesmobile" pictured on the packaging was what GL used for measuring the roof speaker. Have to say I'd rather see a wrong picture on the packaging compared to doing something like using incorrect wheels on the casting - LOL!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just maybe - big MAYBE mind you - maybe the picture is a "preview" of a new casting coming from Greenlight? These seventh generation 1975-1978 B-body sedans were very popular with law enforcement (plus civilians) back in the 70's/80's and would be a natural evolution from the big third generation 1974-1977 Dodge Monaco. Don't forget the Monaco was also a B-body for 1977-1978 so if the tooling was done right we could have both the Dodge and Plymouth versions.

I know Greenlight can do it - look at their 1974 Monaco for proof! :thumbsup: How about it Russell? :confused:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Just maybe - big MAYBE mind you - maybe the picture is a "preview" of a new casting coming from Greenlight? These seventh generation 1975-1978 B-body sedans were very popular with law enforcement (plus civilians) back in the 70's/80's and would be a natural evolution from the big third generation 1974-1977 Dodge Monaco. Don't forget the Monaco was also a B-body for 1977-1978 so if the tooling was done right we could have both the Dodge and Plymouth versions.

I know Greenlight can do it - look at their 1974 Monaco for proof! :thumbsup: How about it Russell? :confused:

that would be awesome! I would love to see a GL version of the b-body.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I'd like to see a 74 Coronet too but I think the chances are very slim. The Monaco is nice and the Coronet would just limit future Monaco releases. I frankly think no one at GL noticed the difference between a 74 Coronet and a 74 Monaco. NO CAR PEOPLE LEFT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts