Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the old cardboard JLs, what "new" clamshell JLs are warming the pegs in your area?
In my part of Connecticut, I usually see all 4 of the Pony Power, release 1 cars hanging around. There is usually a piece or 2 from other series but the Ponies stand out.
Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
They all seem to be moving pretty quickly. Each time I go to the store I am finding just a few cars, but they seem to be different cars than were there on my previous visit. I guess the one I see hanging the most are the Johnny Retro series 1.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
When I do go to a store, I see quite a bit of everything.
maybe its the $4.44 price tag, personally, I see alot of cars hanging.
Been collecting alot of years, and have really never seen so many Johnny Lightning cars hanging on the pegs.
So, the price increase has meant I see much more product on the pegs,
but at $4.50 each, They can keep them.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
At WM there are still three of the '50 Oldsmobiles from the Classic Gold series.

Everything else has sold quickly, except for one gold/white '64 Plymouth with the blingy 5-spokes from the latest MONC set; it hasn't really been there long enough to qualify as a warmer yet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here in Canada the only thing warming the pegs seems to be the Coke cars and a few of the first Retros everything else is moving even at $5.00 each.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Caddy fron CG 33
All cars from Johnny Retro 1
Javelin and Mustang from Pony Power 1
Jeep and Camaro from Dukes
Red Olds Cutlass from Muscle Cars 12
VW 4 seems to be hanging longer than normal at one TRU around here

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Greenlights....no kidding. The local Meijer has three pegs full of them. Not moving at all? They are also blowing out that odd scale Jada with buy one get one.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
COKE!
all local wallys are clogged with these things for the past few weeks! there were a few of retro rel 1 sticking around but almost all are gone. the other series have been moving very quickly. unfortunately they haven't been putting out as much because the lack of space due to the all of the coke cars. two stores have two full cases of these darn things clogging up the pegs for the last few weeks. :(

·
Registered
971 Posts
Target has the 65 Impala, Wyatt's Camaro, red '58 Vette and some 50 Olds and the Olds Retro. TRU gets a lot of new stuff, but there are some Coke, Pony Power and Retro still hanging. VWs too, but they have only been there a week so I wouldn't say they were pegwarmers yet! Most of the WMs are empty again.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
the johnny lightnings with poker chips. those things are everywhere.
everything else is selling. got to give them credit. that's all you find anymore. the new stuff flies off the pegs.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The TRU by my place has had quite a few of all the "new" stuff still on the pegs after 3 weeks, I did catch the Chevy Thunder Rel 6 Last week @ $1.68 ea got the compl set & 2 wheel variations on the '69 Camero SS & the '65 Impalla, So I actually got 6 cars total!!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
rlyoung1 said:
All cars from Johnny Retro 1
Javelin and Mustang from Pony Power 1
Jeep and Camaro from Dukes
Red Olds Cutlass from Muscle Cars 12
Most common ones around my parts. The two most common seeme to be the green olds and red Tornio retro cars, and the red Olds Muscle car.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
coke isn`t selling at all here.matter of fact for the last 8 weeks the pegs at TRU have been completely full with no movement at all besides the 3 wl`s that went out of the store to one scalper and another 5 regular cars that went to another scalper that he still has on his flea market table for $8 each.
However,the only exception to this is the white VW from the newer VW release and any dukes car.Scalpers are selling them for $15 a piece here and can`t keep them on the table.
I have also left all of the mopars lately because at $3.99 each I just can`t justify it,when I already have a version of that casting already.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Atencio said:
Most common ones around my parts. The two most common seeme to be the green olds and red Tornio retro cars, and the red Olds Muscle car.
I have to admit, I am surprised this particular car has become a peg warmer. I've seen 'em, hanging, too. There was alot of excitement when this casting first came out. RC2 did a great job with the '68 442 (the '69 too). Another surprise, to me anyway, is the orange Javelin from Pony Power. It has great wheels on it and it's an all around good looking car. Tricky business, this diecast biz ..... :freak:

·
Registered
915 Posts
COKE

Two WalMarts in Anchorage carry the licensed product. Thankfully, one of them got a case of Dukes of Hazard to go with the two cases of Coke cars. The other got three cases of COKE cars. The prices are hard to swallow, But I love the new look.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts