1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
i blame tour

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
i told ya so! now we have proof! jimmy agrees tekin is da best!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I am not a fan of the sticky, and it has to go. Maybe hank will read the thread and put it back to normal. To much scrolling to get to what you want.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Lose the Sticky's, they are crap!

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
The stickies are sponsors of HobbyTalk... I didn't see a T2C thread to sticky.... point it out to me and I'll sticky it.

Why the stickies? We have a "product support" forum here so racers can get feedback on different products. I never "required" a manufacturer to be a sponsor/advertiser/supporter as I felt it served our members more then anything else. I also hoped that these manufacturers would see the value in these forums, the value in direct contact with customers and the value in the exposure and become at the very least a HobbyTalk supporter and maybe even a sponsor/advertiser.

So many come on HobbyTalk and promote their products and tell you to spend $100s on it while they can't even put up $20 a year (much less the $25 per month for a sponsorship) to help HobbyTalk keep improving. and supporting the racers. A couple of things have brought this to a head.

One was that the free advertising many were doing was devaluating the Sponsorship position with some Sponsors questioning why spend the money to Sponsor/Advertise when they could do it for free like many are.

Second is my yearly costs are approaching 5 figures this year. I stepped up advertising and promotion of HobbyTalk to bring in new members and help get more exposure for our Sponsors/Advertisers. I would expect my efforts would make a difference. Has it? It has and it hasn't, HobbyTalk traffic is up over 20% over this same time last year but fewer and fewer "manufacturers" are Sponsors/Advertisers or even a just a $20/year supporter.

So the stickies are a reward for those companies that have stepped up and are HobbyTalk Supporters/Advertisers. Want to get rid of the stickies? Maybe look to some of the companies that are using HobbyTalk for free advertising.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The stickies are sponsors of HobbyTalk... I didn't see a T2C thread to sticky.... point it out to me and I'll sticky it.

Why the stickies? We have a "product support" forum here so racers can get feedback on different products. I never "required" a manufacturer to be a sponsor/advertiser/supporter as I felt it served our members more then anything else. I also hoped that these manufacturers would see the value in these forums, the value in direct contact with customers and the value in the exposure and become at the very least a HobbyTalk supporter and maybe even a sponsor/advertiser.

So many come on HobbyTalk and promote their products and tell you to spend $100s on it while they can't even put up $20 a year (much less the $25 per month for a sponsorship) to help HobbyTalk keep improving. and supporting the racers. A couple of things have brought this to a head.

One was that the free advertising many were doing was devaluating the Sponsorship position with some Sponsors questioning why spend the money to Sponsor/Advertise when they could do it for free like many are.

Second is my yearly costs are approaching 5 figures this year. I stepped up advertising and promotion of HobbyTalk to bring in new members and help get more exposure for our Sponsors/Advertisers. I would expect my efforts would make a difference. Has it? It has and it hasn't, HobbyTalk traffic is up over 20% over this same time last year but fewer and fewer "manufacturers" are Sponsors/Advertisers or even a just a $20/year supporter.

So the stickies are a reward for those companies that have stepped up and are HobbyTalk Supporters/Advertisers. Want to get rid of the stickies? Maybe look to some of the companies that are using HobbyTalk for free advertising.
Makes sense to me, thanks Hank!!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts