Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Tomy Feather Magna

Well this is a little weird, but I was the seller of this car. "slotlife" is my ebay name. I sold quite a few of these at 89.99 NIP. These were released in Japan with a TOMY Turbo chassis that had a silver clip around the rear axle mount for added strength. The lexan body was about .015 thick and quite durable although the paint did flake off easily on impact. If your car has all the paint, the chassis clip, and is not altered or damaged, I would guess the value of a used one in good shape would be in the $40-50 range.
Note: There is an American version of the packaging the is labeled "Super Turbo Racers" The box is silver not blue. Released in '89-90.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Cool to have in the collection, no doubt.
If you have the means, I would suggest that you get two of them.
One to race and one to case.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I must have the American version. I don't have a metal clip on the rear axle. I bought the car loose and I've never seen this car before so I thought the value would much higher especially since it is so old. I only say it is old because of the value of certain newer cars like the red bull mega g which I've seen go for over $200 on fleabay.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Feather Magna Prices..

Ok.. so this has been kinda answered, but here you go. In the package most feather magnas go between $35-$75 depending on which body style. The one you pictured is more common when it comes to this run of Tomys. Mint loose, $25-30 is fair, but can't see it being worth much more. It takes a collector to appreciate these cars. The only real value is the lexan body and the box they come in. The rest of the car is pretty run of the mill Tomy stuff if I am not mistaken. And from a performance standpoint, they were cool back when they were released because of the lightened body giving you some advantage over the heavier plastic bodies for home racing. You would be hard pressed to run faster than a silicone tire equiped SG+.

Yeah you have guys that used to sell these for $80-$100 but not much anymore. It takes a particular buyer and the right moon phase to get over $75.

Recently on ebay 4 different more common versions sold for $31-$40 in the box.

-Marc and Marcus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts