Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats the tire truer of choice anymore?

I think its time to crack down and get a truer. What is everybody using? What is the most durable for the money. Doesnt seem like alot of the heavy duty ones are around anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Get the integy auto truer. I don't know what the latest version is called, but its about 200 bucks plus arbors. You won't be sorry.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
I have an A/C Cobra truer and it works right but I also have an integy auto truer and it's a nice unit. The integy is a lot smaller, comes in a nice case and runs off the power supply so it's the best one for the traveling racer

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have switched over to buying TM Tires. They come pre-cut for maximum race performance. No tire truer needed. I'm so glad I never have to cut tires again.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
I have switched over to buying TM Tires. They come pre-cut for maximum race performance. No tire truer needed. I'm so glad I never have to cut tires again.
That's a good solution if you can afford to throw them out when they get worn unevenly and need truing.:)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
i have a 3 racing truer and it works good(2nd pic) but it has been discontinued and it works good and it was replaced with the (1st pic) but if i didnt have it i would probably get the integy or hudy truer.

i just also found out a cool thing about the new 3 racing truer has. it has a built in power supply(2--7.4 batteries under the bottom of the truer) or you can hook it to a 12 supply.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
do they come with camber cut into the fronts?:p

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
so you dont freshen up your tires after you run a couple races with them? what do you do? throw them away? or are they only good for a couple races then throw them away?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I normally get about 3 race weekends out of them. They cut at their fastest point already so there is no need to true them.

·
Registered
687 Posts
i have a 3 racing truer and it works good(2nd pic) but it has been discontinued and it works good and it was replaced with the (1st pic) but if i didnt have it i would probably get the integy or hudy truer.

i just also found out a cool thing about the new 3 racing truer has. it has a built in power supply(2--7.4 batteries under the bottom of the truer) or you can hook it to a 12 supply.
+1 :thumbsup: I added a Hudy carbide cutter and everyone want to borrow this all the time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts