Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The largest I can find is 1/48 by Tamiya, but I was wondering if there was a larger kit out there? I'd like to have a big model of the Thunderbolt to get a lot of detail painted on.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hi Squall,

Revell made/makes a 1/32 scale Jug both razorback and Bubbletop. These are from molds from the late 60's early seventies. Kind of simple kits but lend themselves to all levels of details. Check out largescaleplanes.com for inspiration.
Now these are not kits but really impressive and you can refinish to your hearts desire.
21st century toys makes 1/18th scale Bubbletop and Razorbacks. I have several of their planes hanging from my hobbyroom ceiling. Just like my bedroom when I was a kid!
You can check these out at Badcataviation.com. I personally have found all of mine over the last two or so years at Wal Mart.

I have a spare Razorback still in the box I would be willing to sell you if you are interested and in the lower 48 states. just drop me a line if interested.

You really must check out those two above mentioned websites!

Have Fun,
Max Bryant

·
Oxidation Genius
31,163 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had forgotten all about the 1/18 "toy" that they sell at Walmart. My only issue with repainting those would be the lack of decals to apply to it. I don't have a printer to make my own, which has really put a damper on several different projects in the past. The old Revell 1/32 looks nice, especially since there's a lot of planes that come in that scale as well. Thanks for the replies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts