Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering (and I hate to be critical) - what's the deal with this series?? I would be happy to bet one of my very few WL's that I could put together 5 complete sets of this series in about 3 hours without going more than 20 minutes from my front door. I've never seen anything collect dust like these cars. Was this just a massive over-production on the series, or was it total disinterest from the collectors?

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I think it's disinterest. I own the Camaro and Viper but I wasn't really thrilled about buying them. My inspiration for buying them just might have been two less cars to look at each time I make the rounds!

I don't remember the excitement level being too great when they were announced.

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Its a "Licensed product", - I've always thought of it this way, -Any product that is Licensed will be produced more and in mass quanities, just to pay for the use of the Name and Likeness of the original Product. It sure seems that They get their moneys worth out of 'em or it.

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Its suppose to be a Collection of "What You Like" something that makes it unique and all your own.

zzmustang said:
What makes anything worth Collecting?
A Certificate of Authenticity and/or a Limited Edition Number Stamped on the Product or on the Packaging.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
zzmustang said:
I like black with flames for myself If want 49 tuckers in different colors I would remove the clue tempo, If I hord all the clue, someone will buy them sometime
that's not true either... I don't think many would buy them just cuz there weren't anymore..

look at the 94-95 Commeratives.. even the white lightnings...which were the first WL's..u can get for next to nothing... wheels were ugly on those things, and people just didn't go for the 'fantasy' cars..
even the old orig. Toppers... people like the Detroits... even a person with modest means/little money can afford a Topper, even in blister...if it's a non Detroit model...

I feel get rid of anything with drawings all over it... yes, even the Marvel crap... just ruins a good Camaro!:lol:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
zzmustang said:
I bet you they said the same thing in 1970
"they" consisted of about a million less collectors than today... pick something else as collectable, but it will never be like that again for diecast cars...at least for the big names .JL and HW

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
RacerJoe said:
Its suppose to be a Collection of "What You Like" something that makes it unique and all your own.

A Certificate of Authenticity and/or a Limited Edition Number Stamped on the Product or on the Packaging.
i agree,,,,,,

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
70XR7 said:
Just wondering (and I hate to be critical) - what's the deal with this series?? I would be happy to bet one of my very few WL's that I could put together 5 complete sets of this series in about 3 hours without going more than 20 minutes from my front door. I've never seen anything collect dust like these cars. Was this just a massive over-production on the series, or was it total disinterest from the collectors?
You are absolutely correct.
And you probably could do the same thing with the Spiderman series.
I think that a lot, and I do mean a lot of these series were sent to all the Walmarts in Canada. Along with tons of Import Heat, Volkswagen series 1, 50th anniversary Corvette, and Monopoly. In September I visited a bunch of Walmarts in various locations and found lots of JL as previously mentioned.
Very few Zingers, just the Import Heat ones from various releases that obviously, no one wants. No muscle cars or Classic Gold to be found in any of the stores. Canada seems to be a dumping ground for JL junk that no one else wants or buys.

Cheers. Cobra

1 - 10 of 10 Posts