Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the market for a new charger and i wanna know what one is the best one out now and why. i race 1cell lipo

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I just picked up the Duratrax Onyx 230. It probably isn't the best but it is small, has AC power built in which means no need for power supply. Charges up to 7 amps to 4.20 volts and has a backlit display for $80.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the checkpoint right now and really like it except that it wont fully charge the battery to the 4.22 volts that we are allowed to go up to at my local track. i always seem to have to peak it on another charger b4 i race. so for me the checkpoint will be a extra charger and i wont use it to finish the job i guess. im thinking about getting the lrp pulsar 3 what does everyone think of that one?

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
not hyperion? not ice? (guess its the same as the checkpoint).. interesting everyones leaning back to the GFX and the PULSAR :)

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
pulsar......you can adjust the charge to meet the voltage metter of each track.
GFX.......best and talking to them plans are in the works to make it have the ability to also adjust the charge

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
GFX.......best and talking to them plans are in the works to make it have the ability to also adjust the charge

GFX is the best!
Its not cheap.

Why is it the best?
Its the only charger on the market that can be upgraded.:thumbsup:

The last charger you will buy.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
The GFX is not the only charger than can be updated. The TP 610C can have its firmware updated via your laptop.

Now I have both a CE turbo 35 BL and a couple of 610C's both work well, but the CE allows 4.22 volts while the current firmware on the 610 only allows charge to 4.2.

john

·
Registered
4,277 Posts

How I have one and the only choice its gives me is 4.20 or 4.30 how do you set it to 4.22?

(thanks for the help with the settings Andy K)

Thanks Jake

1 - 14 of 14 Posts