Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an epic 27 turn brushed motor by express motorsports and all of a sudden it started making a squeeling noise... so i rebuilt it or well i turned the com and cut brushes cleaned out the can and all and it still does this anyone know why and what i can do to fix it?:freak:

·
Registered
68 Posts
bad bushings can do it. and if they are really bad the com could be rubbing on something it shouldn't be. i figure you cleaned the can and hood for the rebuild. did you re-oil the bushings?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually i just got it out can you just explain to me how to oil them and what i use to do that with? thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
easiest way i have found is after the motor is fully together use a syringe to put one drop on the bushings on each end of the can where the armature goes through them. a couple turns of the armature should help pull the oil where is needs to be. its best to use a very thin oil to reduce drag.

if the motor is not used for racing you can use bearings to replace the bushings. and the bearings will last a whole lot longer than bushings will. but if you are using the motor for a "stock" class race then it would make the motor illegal for racing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok man thanks alot i know i need to update everything to brushess lipo but its very expensive so thanks to this site and people like you i can keep my old school stuff running thanks alot:thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
there is nothing wrong with vintage at all. out of 14 vehicles i have one that's brushless. everything else is running brushed motors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
didnt have any bearings so i just put new bushings in them and oiled it, i have a couple of motors that are like 12 and 11 turn can i use the same bushings outta those if there not damaged?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts