Hobbyist Forums banner

What's in a name?

4K views 89 replies 19 participants last post by  Da Queen 
#1 ·
Okay, everyone! Listen up! We got ourselves a dilema!

It all started a few days ago while I was on vacation, visiting my family in Indiana. Of course all the old timers here know about me & 'Da Queen. Well, it seems that our beloved Queen has got herself a new beau. Yep, she's got herself "a steady".

I ain't gonna say his name, for fear of tainting the outcome, but he seems like a right nice fellow. I had a great time talking with him while a bunch of the royal family had dinner one night & apparently we "outed" him during a conversation. He's a closet sci-fi geek like the rest of us!! Unbeknownst to even the Queen! Apparently he dipped his toes into HobbyTalk recently & was awed by all the great conversations, knowledge, links & good nature of the members! (huh, who'd a thunk it?) Oh yea, & he found out about WonderFest, too. He told the Queen, "Oh, we are so there!" Looks like another one comes into the fold.

So rather than wait for him to pick out a handle, which he's been debating over for a bit now, I'd thought we'd pick one out for him! We can do it! We're evil enough! :devil:

The Queen's vote- "Queen's Consort"

My vote- "Boy Toy" :lol: :roll: (Just kidding!)

See less See more
#2 ·
Actually he's the "Consort" TO the Queen, so he'd have to go by his 'rank'. Something like Phillip, i.e., "Prince Consort" ??
IF he thought this is a good bunch of nuts he must be just zany enough to belong here !!
How about "Prime Minister", ( tie-in to Spock's father ) (or "Prime Monster" ? )
C'mon guys, you can do better than this !

#5 ·
John P said:
All my ideas can't be printed on a family bboard.
:devil:
:eek: :lol: :roll:

the Dabbler said:
Actually he's the "Consort" TO the Queen, so he'd have to go by his 'rank'. Something like Phillip, i.e., "Prince Consort" ??

How about "Prime Minister", ( tie-in to Spock's father ) (or "Prime Monster" ? )
C'mon guys, you can do better than this !
We already have two "Prince"s here, three may be a bit confusing! :freak: "Prime Monster... Monister... Monstier..."- maybe a combo of the names...? Ain't bad, if he's into the old flicks & Aurora kits.

#6 ·
Oh, yeah...he's into old flicks...big time. While I wasn't able to spend New Year's Day with him, due to some serious flu, it turns out that we both spent the day watching old Sci-flicks on the tube. Of course, he had to intersperse his viewing with football, :rolleyes: ...but he did call and lament that he wished he had a split screen TV for just such situations.

BTW, last night he said he will bring his Star Trek (or maybe he said Star Wars) trivia game down to WF. He's lookin' to see who's "got game." All I could think of was...."Gee, Andy, son o' mine...thanks for "outing" another one." He's one of us now.......

Da Queen
:wave:

#10 · (Edited)
Da Queen said:
BTW, last night he said he will bring his Star Trek (or maybe he said Star Wars) trivia game down to WF. He's lookin' to see who's "got game." All I could think of was...."Gee, Andy, son o' mine...thanks for "outing" another one." He's one of us now.......
You're very welcome! And just think of it this way... it's much better to know now than later. This way we can party & have that much more fun!! :D

Welcome to the dark side, Consort. :dude:

#13 ·
Wow...he hasn't run screaming into the night! This is a good sign! Nothing says "let's test the new guy" better than tossing him to the lunatic fringe!

We were discussing the suggested names and we haven't quite tripped his trigger yet, but we are close. He suggested a name, but I gently reminded him this was a family oriented BB, so that name was out.

How about this....to the one who can create a handle Joe would like, Da Queen will ante up a prize from what is left of her days on the throne. I still have a few trinkets left; the treasury is not totally barren. I kept a few things to tide me over while in exile.

Hugs,
Lisa

#21 ·
Prince of Styrene II said:
My vote- "Boy Toy" :lol: :roll: (Just kidding!)
"Boy Toy" suggests something much different than "Toy Boy." The former would be a toy for boys, which is probably not so much what you meant. Madonna is wearing a "Boy Toy" belt buckle on the "Like A Virgin" album cover. I'd vote for "Toy Boy" -- out of the two, that is.

I'm just sayin'.

Qapla'

SSB

#26 ·
I like the Queen's Knight, but I must say that the only royal knight to grace this court is our dear Yama...who, as knight extraordinaire, always has the high seat of honor at the Oval Table. With all due respect, he is The Queen's Knight.

Speaking of which....where the devil is that rascal???

Hugs!
Lisa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.