Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May not have liked all the releases, but they had some unusual ones, and the original price at WalMart was what, $1.67 I believe?

Can't remember the last time I saw one at either WM or TRU, not to mention Walgreens. Did Motor Max drop the line, what happened?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Fresh Cherries were dropped, I believe last year. :( There was one car that was supposed to be in the Fresh Cherries line, The Ford Granada, but that one was released in the American Graffiti Line, after the Fresh Cherries were dropped. It seemed impossible to find in the U.S., at least for me. I finally bought one from a Canadian seller on the bay. I really miss Fresh Cherries and had hoped it would go on alot longer. There are so many great cars they could have done from the 70s and 80s. Motormax doesn't have a whole lot of interest to me personally, anymore.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Factory Direct had them for the same price. I should have picked them up. I have several, but I caught on too late for the really good stuff. I did grab the a lot of the 1:87s from WM when they were on clearance.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Kind of stupid they went w/ the 'American Graffitti' name, since the models have nothing to do w/ the old George Lucas film. 'Fresh Cherries' was a dumb name, also, though. Loved the types of cars they did in those lines, though.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The other day I repacked the 1/87 Fresh Cherries I bought at WM for full price and then later on clearance. I had forgotten what great little models they are.

Some of them are cars that I never really liked very much, but as models they are excellent, and they have tons of charm, a lot like the '60s RW Matchbox cars.

I'm really disheartened that they weren't more popular with the general public. (Pearls before swine?)

·
Registered
63 Posts
so?? what? moter max is done with production of the cars from the fresh cherries line? I really liked their 1:87th scale and 1/64th.
I baught every pinto wagon they made, also baught a couple of the larger scale town and country wagons.. the level of detail for the price was out standing.. even if some of the cars were not the most popular on the tree. they seamed to go pretty quickly from the shelves/pegs none the less. kinda a shame to hear their gone.TAZ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts