Hobbyist Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

· Premium Member
3,930 Posts
AV, I checked my Monster Time Wall Clock. It's from Earthbound Studios, "Designed and sculpted by Rocco Tartamella". www.roccoandvinnieart.com I bought it from Monster In Motion.
It's a very clean sculpt and casting, and well detailed in deep relief. The heads are 2" long and 1" to 1 1/2" high. The face is total 12" D. I'm really enjoying working on it, BUT the likenesses are not accurate to all the actors but close enough for government work !! It will look good on the wall above my PC covering that big chunk of fallen plaster.
I think someone on this BB,( maybe Dave Hussey ) did one also. He may have posted it in the photo file ??
Is that the same one you referred to ??
Dabbler

· Premium Member
3,930 Posts
:confused: Ya know the old synapses don't work like they used to, but somebody will fess up to the clock sooner or later. It's not that I don't remember, 'cause I write this stuff down, but then I lose it !

Yeah, I know, in more ways than one :freak:

the Disoriented Dabbler

"Remember, I'm pullin' for ya,
We're all in this together !"
-Red Green-

· Registered
3,173 Posts
Harry - LOL!

Hey, anyone building any of their Big Lots stuff? I've started Smith and the Robot. The Robot figure goes together fairly well and quickly with some minor seam stuff here and there. Smith is nicely sculpted but there are some large seams that will need work, notably around the shoulders.

Alll in all though, a very cool model!

Huzz

· Registered
3,215 Posts
I'm working on my Wolfman. Same seam issues. I also picked up a Dick Tracy (on ladder) for 5$ (only one there, a resale store) because of John P's excellent build up. It's really well done, nice engineering, very few issues at all. It's been lots of fun so far.

· Registered
3,173 Posts
I've got a Dick Tracy kit that I opened a couple of years back with the intent of starting, but didn't. And last week I took the plunge and bought another one plus a space coupe on eBay
. At a half decent price too, I am pleased to report.

Yesterday I pickup up Lost in Space Season 3 Volume 1 on DVD at Futureshop for 20% off. The first episode is one I remember from the old View Master reels I had ( and still have in this case) as a kid. Its "The Condemned of Space". Aside from lots of great Robot color references for my Smith and Robot build-up, it features some other treats such as The Jupiter II lifting off and raising its landing gear and Robby the Robot festooned with yellow stripes as an automated prison guard.

Huzz

· Registered
1,577 Posts
Im working on the wolfman as we speak,creature is drying,Captain america just needs his shield finished, munsters is done and I havent started the Snake scene yet,Spidey,hulk,Smith n robot,Robot are all for the stash as Ive got build ups of those.Oh and Bond...... But hes waiting on a "secret mission"BTW thanks to all who helped me obtain these kits.It was really cool trading with all of you!!!!

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.