Hobbyist Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
STILL waiting on my lights from elwirecheap.com for my refit... so buillding a 1/100 Glaug.
Trying to modify the arms with a ball and socket joint at the sholder.
Recessing the nose and those pincer things on the feet. Pic tonight.

· Registered
69 Posts
still doing my 4 foot cardassian warship that ive been doing on & off for about 3 years, i was going to make moulds of this monster, but tbecause of the size of it, it would be too expensive, so just building it as a solid model, it`s goddam heavy!!

· Registered
2,199 Posts
Well, got a couple going, as usual. I'm working on Starship Modeler's Action Class ship, putting the ablative armour on the nacelles, then it's on to painting. I also need to finish up my kitbash TOS-looking NX-01. And just for giggles I'm starting/restarting two more- One is a Galaxy Class variant from an RPG I do. The other is taking a 1/24 new VW Beetle & turning it into this:
http://www.botcollector.com/ComShowCase1.htm
And for all you TF fans, I'm giving him Goldbug's head. :)

· Starship Class
11,261 Posts
^^Beetlebot looks like fun!

Can you show us your TOS-looking NX-01? I've been thinking about the same thing.

I've made some big progress on my garage>workshop conversion. I removed one of the garage doors today and replaced with a temporary wall of fiberboard while I frame it from the outside for doors and windows. Next step, however, is to cut a hole in the wall and put in an airconditioner. The midlands of South Carolina are no place to be without some form of efficient cooling during the summer.

· Registered
456 Posts
I'm working on a resin kit of Skrat from Ice Age, and I have a PL Captain America sub-assembled, filled and primed. The next step is to re-prime and if that looks good I'll start painting, which I find a bit daunting to get a good spray job on the stripes on the torso. Oh..god, I forgot, I have to decide if I'm going to fill the back of the shield and sand it. Icky poo as they say.

· Registered
2,199 Posts
PerfesserCoffee said:
^^Beetlebot looks like fun!
It should be! It'll sure test my scratching abilities!

[/QUOTE]Can you show us your TOS-looking NX-01? I've been thinking about the same thing.[/QUOTE]
http://planetmyhill.com/Modelmaster/PICS/EarlyNX/MostlyDone.jpg
Here's a quick shot. She's built from the PL 1/1000 E. Currently, I'm in the process of painting. I'll post more when she's out of the booth. :)

· Starship Class
11,261 Posts
^^Excellent, PoSII! Definitely got that TOS/pre-TOS look! I wish they'd have done something more like that for the ST:ENT series.

Prosta: That thing is cool as all git-out! But one question: what the devil is it? :confused:

· Registered
55 Posts
Macross

Robotech/Macross Tactical Pod Glaug.
Next to the refit the Macross Destroids and the Glaug/Regult are my favorite kits.

Talk about revisiting my youth. Spent the summer of '85 in the States. There was a hobby shop around the corner selling all this Robotech stuff. This is the 1st one I've done since then.

· Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I've been loafing for the last few weeks. I still have some finish-work on my Frankenstein with little girl, and I was gonna start on Alfred E. Neuman, but I just recieved my Monster Time Clock and started the background.
It's a great casting, with no clean-up, and I'm as happy as a vampire with a debit card at the blood bank !
Since I like figure models and faces it should be a joy to do, but as has been said here before, rather contorting to the fingers/hands to work on.
I have two examples on my PC file, so I'm doing the background the dark blue as one has, but the faces in full color. I primed the hands with white, then did them in luminescent paint, and the moon the same way. The moon looks "cool", "neato", ( add your adjective here ) !!
So I guess I'll be 'Dabbling' at this for a while.
Dabbler

· Registered
131 Posts
Well, it seems like I've been working on the following, off and on, forever. But I WILL finish them eventually!

R.M.S. Titanic
R.M.S. Mauretania (1/600)
R.M.S. Queen Elizabeth (1/600)
R.M.S. Queen Elizabeth 2 (1/600)
PL Enterprise NCC-1701 (Pilot)
PL Enterprise NCC-1701 (Production)

"Steady as she goes!"

· Registered
157 Posts
Scratchbuilding motel for Bates House

Dracula's Dragster

Thinking about the Surfite - but I'm not sure I should open that one yet

Mastering my new Family Tree software - can't wait to see it fill up with nuts

Cleaning out the hall closet

· Premium Member
3,930 Posts

If this transfer works, this will be a pic of the clock with 6 figures done.
I don't know if it's yeager or not.
Dabbler
Ok, it didn't work. i'll try another way??

OK, I put a pic in the photo album, but the quality is bad. I have to get a good digicam.
I am happy with the results so far, thanks to tips, etc. I learned from folks on this board.

· Registered
157 Posts
I don't even know how to directly post pics here and by sheer luck got Ofoto file up once. lol Maybe I should try and master that this week.

I love that clock. Yeah it's Jeff Y's. :) R u using acrylics ?? Modeler's Resource is doing an article on that clock for the Oct. fall issue.

· Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Monster Clock

Yeah AV, I'm using acrylics. I 'discovered' them a little while ago and really love them. Especially since I do figures and want the flatter finish as oposed to gloss enamels. Plus the water cleanup,thinners play hob with my skin
I get mine from Wal-Mart, something like $.44 for small ( 2oz. ) and $1.67 for larger (8oz.) .I bought a couple gloss by mistake, but use Testors Dullcoat to tame it down. All of this stuff I learned by eavesdropping on this BB before I joined. ( there're some reall pros on here )
I buy the basic colors and mix my own custom shades & tints. Well, OK, that does give me a whole table crammed with 1.5 oz. jelly & mustard jars.
If I do want a gloss for some detail, I use Minwax Polycrylic Clear Gloss. Like on the "Creature" on the clock. I'm not near as good as some on here, but I like the way the clock is turning out. I'm sure you love it too.
Dabbler

"If it ain't broke,
you ain't tryin"
-Red Green-

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.