Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through a list of things that I could/should give up for Lent...something more meaningful than chocolate or desserts. Trying to think of a "meaningful personal sacrifice," I briefly considered giving up buying any more model kits from now 'til Easter, but I think that might be harder than giving up chocolate or alcohol!

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Hi ilbasso - we're going pretty much the traditional route. I'm a cheese crackers and corn chip junkie, so those thing are going by the wayside - actually all salty snacks. I've also decided to give up from visiting the "Candy Bowl" in the office, which is always filled to the brim with chocolate. Of course there's also the things that are just between me and the Lord.

My wife is skipping ice cream and red meat - which means that I'll be "avoiding" them as well!

Hope you have a meaningful and enriching Lent.

Chris

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ahhh...this takes me back to my Catholic grammar school days. Cdub...remember that one thread we did a long, long time ago where all of us recovering Catholics shared Catholic school horror stories?? If I remember correctly, your contribution had to do with a school bus and some cheeze whiz or something? But, I digress....what am I giving up for Lent...hmmm...so much to choose from....probably unhealthy food. I need to get into shape. Either that or negative thinking.

Moi!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,281 Posts
I gave up religion for Lent 40 years ago, and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Yea Lisa I remember! But no, I never had a close encounter with Cheez Whiz on a school bus. Some day you'll have to tell the story about your flute-o-phone to the newbies...

Lent is a period of fasting and sacrifice in preparation for Easter. I can't speak for other Catholics, but I tend to approach Lent as most people look at New Years - a time to "straighten up and fly right" by avoiding those things that I enjoy/crave but I know aren't good for me.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I gave up giving up.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
John DeBlasi said:
I Am Giving Up Trying To Find One Single Barris Hot Wheels Tv Batmobile. It's Impossible, So Screw It !!!!
Don't give up John - for what Mattel must have spent on the rights I doubt if we're looking at any kind of limited release here!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts