Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - just wanted to get some opinions on this: I purchased several Star Trek conversion kits last October from a fairly well known source - as of today I have not recieved these kits. I have recieved responses over the last 11 months to my inquiries on where the kits were explaining delays due to having to make new moulds, etc.. The last response was at the beginning of July where I was promised mine was the "very NEXT order" to be shipped. They have not responded to any emails since.

What would you other modelers do in this situation? Really is there anything I can do? What is really frustrating is that I know others have recieved their kits in a timely fashion from this company so I am at a loss as to what the heck is going on.

I feel very much like I was robbed in this situation and am about ready to go to every message board that I can to slag this company off for what little good it might do. I have been very reasonable about the time since I know it is a small operation and the person assoicated with it is well known, but I have about had it.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Continue to be dilligent, but be nice about it. It sucks that you're not getting the stuff you paid for, and you've clearly been through an unreasonable wait. Continue to make yourself known.

Vendor bashing threads get closed pretty quickly on the various boards, but not because people don't see your grief. You may get it in long enough for people to see it and say any one of the following:

"Really? I wonder what's wrong at [x company]"

"They were flooded and haven't been able to communicate"

- or -

"Oh, them AGAIN."

·
Registered
564 Posts
You don't mention what your method of payment was. In any case after almost 1 year your recourse other than complaining loudly is probably pretty slim. If you used a credit card, I'd see if it's not too late to contest the charge. I once bought a kit forgetting I had ordered it 6 months prior from a different company, a week latter my orginal order was filled and sitting on my door step. I hate it when that happens! My rule now is I will wait no longer than the time allowed to file a complaint and recover my funds or stop payment, no matter what the excuses are. A seller has a responsibility to the buyer which in your case has obviously not been met. Good luck.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Not to imply anything about the seller, but ANYTHING that you pay for by mailorder is covered under the USPS mailfraud laws and you CAN put the postmaster general on them. that actually, goes for Ebay too...

If your getting emails with updates, that's a good sign and it might be there any day!

·
Registered
576 Posts
There is absolutely NO reason you've had to wait this long at all.

The advice so far has been good; if you paid by credit card, you can contest it with your cc company. If you paid via the USPS, you can contest that as well. It's easier to do with your credit card company though. The law is that your goods MUST ship within 24 hours once the credit card is processed. Too many companies within the GK industry either don't know that rule or ignore it.

Good luck on getting either your money back or your order filled.

- Fred

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
File a complaint with the Better Business Bereau. They are a good resource for checking out complaints before you order. May help others from having the same issues.

Might be worthwhile to contact that company that processed the credit card transaction. They are pretty strict on how vendors treat customers. If you have been charged, and not recieved the goods, that could be considered fraudulent use of thier processing service.

If you mailed payment, file a complaint with the post office.

Tell all your friends, though forums are not a good way to do so. Threads like that usually get deleted.

Its also worthwhile to complain to those websites that do business or have relations with the vendor. I've had to remove material from my site due to complaints from people about certain vendors.

The squeaky wheel gets heard.

Steve

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Contact as many people in the town they're in as you think relevant. Prosecutors, fraud, BBB, or whatever. Some of them will phone the company, and they might realize it's not worth the trouble.

·
Curmudgeon
6,600 Posts
Steve CultTVman Iverson said:
File a complaint with the Better Business Bereau.
FYI, I don't know about the state you live in, but here in California they're now called the "Bureau of Consumer Affairs". Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts