Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I won this auction on E bay

http://tinyurl.com/2rx5vn

The seller says the movers lost the items. How ever if you look at his feedback a previous auction he said his Dog ate the item. I haven't paid as he couldn't find them right after the auction when I asked for total shipped so I am not out anything. Do you think it's a case of him not getting what he thought he could get for them? How would you handle it? Neg or Neu or None? How long should I give him it's already been nearly a month.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was not sure if this was the right forum as one of the cars is a WL but the other 3 are not. If it needs to be moved please do.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
He's a piece of [email protected] . He didn't get enough so thats why he said the movers lost them . I would give him negative FB because he has done it in the past . the only problem with that is that he will retaliate with Neg on you unless you wait till the 60th day .

·
Mustang Collector
4,090 Posts
Call it as you see it. I would leave him the negative if he refuses to send you the cars, as that is the purpose of the feedback system. All you are doing is making other potential buyers aware that he is not an honest seller.
I would also watch his future auctions to see if he relist the WL.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
ViperMan said:
The seller says the movers lost the items.
The items got lost in the move from the "for sale" pile to the "sold" pile.
They now reside in the "not what I expected to get for them" pile.
And then will end up in the "for sale" pile again.
BYW, did you ask him who "the movers" were?

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the first email I got from him after I went through the request total for the 2nd time....

"Good Evening.......I do not have very good news. While this auction was ending, we were in the process of moving. I cannot find these items that you won.I am missing a whole box of Johnny Lightening cars. I think the movers lost them or something. The movers are trying to locate the missing items, so until I hear from them, I cannot do anything. I feel really bad about this, I hope you understand. This is why it took so long to answer you. I will keep you posted............Regards Frank"

I have been emailing asking if they have been found yet on a weekly bases even said that I was really looking forward to that viper ;) so I got this reply to that...

"Hi David...No there hasn't been. I was going through the ones that I do have, so maybe I can at least, fill your order. You had mention that you love the Viper. I have 2, one is, Kimberleys 2000 Dodge Viper RT/10....#12. The second is a 1998 Dodge Viper RT/10....#2. Do you like any other cars that you would like?......Regards Frank"

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
This smells like a classic example of "I didn't get what I wanted, so I'm not selling". I'd take Boston Matt and the Pupster's advice and leave him a negative and say your dog did it. :p

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
How many people continue to list auctions on E Bay when they're in the middle of packing and moving?????

Waiting until day 60 is a good idea, but he's going to keep pulling stunts like this all that time, so go ahead and get it over with, warn other potential bidders.If everyone he does this to lists negative feedback, he's going to quickly acquire a bad rating.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
That whole scenario smacks of attempted Internet Fraud! (btw, Internet Fraud is a Federal Offense) Fortunately for you, Dave, no cash was exchanged. Keep pressing "Frank" until he produces what he advertised. Don't forget, as twisted as this may seem, he may post negative feedback for you being a "non-paying bidder" :drunk: . When you feel you have been patient enough with this joker, post negative feedback. If he retaliates, I believe you can post a response to it.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I thought that it was possible to leave feedback up to 90 days after the close of the auction. You might want to check that if you want to try to avoid his retaliatory Negative.

Isn't there a way to report non-compliant sellers to e'bay? They should realize that bad sellers reflect poorly on them.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
EekBay's rating system is flawed. Why should you suffer negative feedback because someone did not keep up their end? Movers might break something, but loosing boxes that go from house to truck to another house or apt. is pretty slim, unless something didn't get loaded in the first place. Whenever I have moved, I kept a pretty close eye on everything, and always checked and rechecked. Maybe he sat the box of car on the roof of his vehicle and took off forgetting they were there, ignoring the crash when he pulled out of the driveway :tongue:

You might want to check with the Bay and see what they say about handling it before posting neg. feedback. It probably won't get you anywhere, but once in a while you get an employee with some solid advice. I did during the computer scam last December. If you choose to leave neg. feedback, word it wisely, because everyone gets negatives once in a while, and people who write, "NEVER BUY FROM THIS SELLER, HE IS A LIAR AND A CHEAT!!!!!!!" (all in caps with a zillion exclamation points), always loose credibility because they seem to be ranting and taking out their anger, and by doing so can come across like trouble makers themselves. Be cool and specific without making assumptions you can't prove. Let the buyer read his sorry excuses and beware.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
ViperMan said:
I won this auction on E bay

http://tinyurl.com/2rx5vn

The seller says the movers lost the items. How ever if you look at his feedback a previous auction he said his Dog ate the item. I haven't paid as he couldn't find them right after the auction when I asked for total shipped so I am not out anything. Do you think it's a case of him not getting what he thought he could get for them? How would you handle it? Neg or Neu or None? How long should I give him it's already been nearly a month.
Wait & see, the next time he pulls this, his excuse will be that he was attacked by a knife wielding Puma on his way to the post office :lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
File a "non-performing seller" with E bay. They will give him a "strike" which doesn't do anything on it's own, but if he gets enough he gets banned. (until he creates a new ID and sells that way) either way, you can pretty much bet you won't see the cars. You can leave a negative feedback and risk "retaliation", but his left for other feedback doesn't seem to be negative. The dog at my book guy didn't get any feedback left from him. You can always wait until the last minute and then put in that "the movers lost the item excuse" to warn others, but I agree: He didn't get the price he wanted and the ended up "lost" Sorry.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Dragnet_Supporter said:
Maybe he sat the box of car on the roof of his vehicle and took off forgetting they were there, ignoring the crash when he pulled out of the driveway :tongue:
I've done that with a big cheesecake... I became real depressed all of a sudden

I'd suggest Neutral, it will give the seller less of a retalitory action to post negative against you. But post it as just a warning to other buyers, not scalding the seller.

Neutral is the appropriate one for this, no money was exchanged, nothing was sent anywhere, you just won an auction and nothing happened after that. Granted under the circumstance you might want to fry his bum... but you gotta look after yourself, and your rating also.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.