Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking today about how so many of us have cut back to make ends meat. Be it eating out or not going to the movies etc... we all have had to tighten our belts. My question is. If you had to cut back and collect only one brand of diecast, which would it be and what scale? Mine would be Greenlight.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Since I only buy maybe 1 car from each brand now (except Greenlight which is 0) I probably couldn't pick just one brand.
I'm only able to find 3 -5 cars (if I'm lucky) per month that I collect.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Anything realistic and true to scale of 1/64.
Exactly ^^^^ As long as its true to scale and a FORD i will buy it!!!!

As we don't eat out unless we are on our once a year vacation ( $70 + for a family of six to eat out buys alot of groceries), we watch movies at home, buys cars that we can pay CASH for, bargain shop for clothes and other necessities already. With doing that and not being a slave to the $$$ because of debt we can all enjoy our hobbies within reason of course!!!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Good choice Atencio, I thought of that one for a while myself, but decided to move it to second place on my list. My first would have to be Mini Champs in 1:43. Cool idea for a thread.

·
Registered
750 Posts
thats easy, i only collect one brand now anyway and thats Greenlight

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Franklin Mint!!!:tongue:

If I had to stick with only one company (as your question states), I'll have to say Johnny Lightning - it's what makes up most of my collection.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
It definitely wouldn't be anything 1/64th. Probably vintage 1/43. Can't pick just one manufacturer, but likely Corgi and Dinky.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Since my theme is sports cars (which is Muscle, Exotics and Fast Cars), and Mattel (MB and HW) do not feed my need (my Opinion), I have been happy with JL. I have tried GL and M2 but the cars do not roll.
My criteria now is realistic and it has to roll. I mean it has to roll more than 6 inches. Preferably 3 feet or better.
That is just me.
Richard

·
Registered
38 Posts
Most of my collections are 1:18 scale and if I was to cut back I would have to go with the smaller scales and probably only collect Mustangs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts