Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys say i was going too make 64 pitch spur gears for pancars what would u like .What are problems with curent ones on market now. Also are there sizes that are not being made thanks?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Ok guys say i was going too make 64 pitch spur gears for pancars what would u like .What are problems with curent ones on market now. Also are there sizes that are not being made thanks?
Dave, Make them from 70 to 100 in single increments and maybe be able to utilize smaller balls. If they are as good as a PRS or Kimbrough they would be perfect.:thumbsup:

Chuck

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sizes up to 120. Straight and true around, lighter than what is currently out there, the CRC gear is nice but only goes up to 96. The smaller ball size seems better IMO. Oh and everyone is going to want them cheap! Lol.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
1st. Make them available and not on the forever backorder list
2nd. Round and true (too many of the cheap ones are not true)
3rd. sizes from 72-100
Keep the 1/8 size diff balls. The smaller ones seem to not last as long.
4th. Black is fine and stamped size is a plus

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Does somebody make a spur with diff balls smaller than 1/8? What bearing would you use in the gear?

Have to be machine cut to be very true.

70-100 in single increments? How many of each would you keep in stock? 10-100?

Kind of hard to put the number outside the diff ring when the teeth are not much bigger than the diff ring.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Size stamping would be great but somewhere I saw where there was a formula using diameter and
pitch to get the number of teeth. Maybe somebody remembers???

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Black to match my cars, 70-90 tooth range and stamped numbers in them plus they have to run true and like I think James said lees friction.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts