Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a unopened Harley Davidson Model kit that I just found in my garage. It's from the 70's and it has never been opened. The maker is Imai and some of the writing is in Japanese. The label on the box says "Harley Davidson CLASSIC". I believe the model is a flhc. What can you guys tell me about this? Would it be worth anything? I think I have more lying around in the garage!

Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hard to say........Harley Davidson kits are not real plentiful right now. the right buyer at one of the auction sites might pay pretty well for that kit.
You might want to check the conditon of the parts if the Garage gets really hot in the summer months you may have a lot of warped pieces!
My recollection is that the Imai kits are not really of the same level of quality as Tamiya. I don't think that Imai is even stll around any longer.

Dave

Dave

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Imai did a lot of the Gerry Anderson stuff and vehicles from Japanese anime back in the ’80s. IIRC, the overall quality of their kits was pretty good, if a bit toylike. Don't know how good their motorcycle kits are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts