Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What White Lightining's have you guys been finding the most of???

Lately I've been finding ALOT of them in the 5 car box sets, and I now have 4, YES 4 of the SSR's in yellow with white interior and base!!!! ALL from the same TRU no less!!!!

Other recent finds:
Coca Cola 29 Ford WL
Lancer EVO WL
68 Yenko Camaro WL
50th. Ann. '96 Vette WL
M1A1 tank WL
'65 GTO WL

And in the 5 packs:
'65 stang WL
2 of the Camaro SS WL's
2 of the '73 stang WL's
'65 Baracuda WL
Anyone else find multipules of one type besides me?
Happy hunting :)

[email protected]

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I've only found four this year, but one was a BWF Camaro. I'll refrain from posting another pic, I don't want to send pocketwocket completely over the edge! :D

R

·
0 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
I've only found four this year, but one was a BWF Camaro. I'll refrain from posting another pic, I don't want to send pocketwocket completely over the edge! :D

Mike,

I didn't know you found one of those!!! :freak:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
viperdave said:
What White Lightining's have you guys been finding the most of???

None. You've got some great luck, ViperDave. As soon as I can find some affordable housing on the planet Nebula5, I'm moving there.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Cokes

Found 4 of the Coca-Cola WLs; 1 VW '65 Beetle; and 1 Mopar or no Car. All in the last few months.
Probably won't find another until next year.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Found Classic Gold, Muscle Cars USA and 2004 new cars, only in one local Hobby shop. Also picked up the Pony power pack with the 69 Camaro.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Universal Monsters --(gotta love TRU this week)

I don't have a picture of it yet, but I just got the VW Samba Bus WL form a case at TRU. A couple of nice employees were kind enough to help me find a Universal Monsters case that was supposed to be out on the floor(turns out was still in back, but an employee was able to find it after a couple minutes of searching). Needless to say, I left with a hugh smile on my face.

Here's the Samba Bus:

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
WLs found in the last week:

CG Hurst Olds
Polar Bears C-300 Chrysler
CG 87 red Mustang
American Glory 69 Camaro
Pez 65 Mustang
Lightning Strike yellow SSR

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have found 4 of the SSR (series #2), and 15 GTO's from muscle car series#5........all in the same TRU..... :wave:,( no I do not have any trade ,trade them all 4 cars that I needed).

·
Registered
19 Posts
We had a Hobby Lobby open in town today, but I had to leave early for a meeting elsewhere. I got back about 4:00 PM and thought maybe they would restock a little after a few cars were sold. Apparently I was the only one looking for JLs there today. On a back wall end-cap I found the JLs with 8 WLs and 1 WT. They were:

Hot Rod Magazine #3 Barris Emperor,
Vintage Coca-Cola #11 1949 Mercury Coupe,
Muscle Cars #29 Rick Heine's 1969 Chevy Camaro,
Lightning Strike 2004 #7 Hummer H2 SUV,
Mopar or No Car #30 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T,

and 3 Street Freaks
Import Heat #20 '91 Honda CRX,
Import Heat #15 Honda CRX Custom,
and the Scrappin #5 '59 Chevy El Camino
Plus I also found a White Thinder 1970 Mustang Mach I.
I also picked up a couple of WildKat trucks, my favorites right now, being a Kentucky Wildcats fan.
These are in addition to the Pony Power 5 pack with a WL '69 Barracuda and the Mopar or No Car #28 1999 Viper WL I found last week when out of town on business. This is not bad for a casual collector who does not go out of the way to look for them, but does take the opportunity when it arises. I think tomorrow I will buy a lottery ticket. Happy hunting to all!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am happy to find one once in a while. The only reason I have any doubles is cause I bought a friends collection a few years back.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts