Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At the time that Redlines were out on store pegs, I was unfortunately too young to see them. I did not get sucked into toy cars until around 1977 or so, and my family primarily bought me Matchbox cars.

That said, I never saw the HW Redlines that rode the pegs all the way down to clearance prices, so I wondered if any of those members who are a bit older than me recall seeing ones that basically sat on the peg forever.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I was indeed around when Redlines came out but really can't say I recall any just sitting on the pegs. They were the new kid on the block and seemed like a hot commodity with every kid wanting them. I know all my friends had plenty of them and we would get together to race them down the orange track. Again, thinking back to the main store I recall getting them at in those days there always seemed to be plenty of them on the pegs and I really just don't recall any of them just sitting there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries, thanks for sharing that!

I just didn't know if there were any that nobody liked, and just sat as a result. With action figures, sometimes a really lame one is produced, and it just sits.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
I don't remember seeing the original redlines o the pegs, but I do remember the Flying Colors redlines. Only one set sticks in my mind, probably late in the life of redlines, I remember seeing the Snake and Mongoose rear engine dragsters hanging on the pegs at a drug store in my hometown called Medic Drugs, I really had no interest in those 2 for some reason at the time.

On a side note, I have searched the internet on and off for a long time searching for a picture of redlines hanging in a store but never found one...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Reactions: samace22

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
I was thinking more like what is all over the internet now, when people find a new shipment has been put out, ...probably not gonna find it... like a shot of some kid looking at a whole bunch of those original, large, redline packages, all hanging in a toy aisle. ....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking more like what is all over the internet now, when people find a new shipment has been put out, ...probably not gonna find it... like a shot of some kid looking at a whole bunch of those original, large, redline packages, all hanging in a toy aisle. ....
I totally understand and that's what I was searching for as well. The links I posted were related items that came up during my search :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts