Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes that would be the way to go. have a union walmart right beside the non union wallys and make sure that they have a camera on all the entrances so that the union can go over the tape of the non union wallys and make sure no union brothers and sisters are taking advantage of the lower prices of the non union one. this way the union will pay the union wallys workers what they are worth and will get them all the needed union type extra's,,,,,of course they would be closed today. i wonder how many union workers would only shop at the union walmarts and not shop at the non union wallys? it might cost them their job,,,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
I am sure the union employees would shop at the non union Walmarts. They would work at the union stores for the better pay, and shop at the non union stores to trim their conusmption expenses. Isn't that the name of the game for getting ahead financially..better pay, with minimal monthly expenses?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,293 Posts
It's just a matter of time when K-Mart, TRU and KB's are gone and leave Target all alone to battle with Wallys. Then Wallys will cry when the Feds say Sherman Anti Trust Act and Wallys goes the way of Standard Oil, AT&T and Bill Gates. ;)

cj
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,668 Posts
fe428cj said:
It's just a matter of time when K-Mart, TRU and KB's are gone and leave Target all alone to battle with Wallys. Then Wallys will cry when the Feds say Sherman Anti Trust Act and Wallys goes the way of Standard Oil, AT&T and Bill Gates. ;)
And then five years after that, they'll start merging back together, like the "Baby Bells" did. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,370 Posts
For your information, I am a Union Worker and I just got home from work! And I went to work last night at midnight, yes on a Holiday! So your little theory is not holding water when it comes to my profession. Some of you people don't have a clue as to what the Unions do for thier members. Don't Talk the Talk, til you Walk the Walk!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,678 Posts
Brothers and sisters...

hoosier-lightning said:
For your information, I am a Union Worker and I just got home from work! And I went to work last night at midnight, yes on a Holiday! So your little theory is not holding water when it comes to my profession. Some of you people don't have a clue as to what the Unions do for thier members. Don't Talk the Talk, til you Walk the Walk!
Going on 23 years now Shane (Graphic Arts Local 404) and loosing more and more every year.
Of course with exception to my union dues; they continue to rise...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,370 Posts
modsquad said:
Going on 23 years now Shane (Graphic Arts Local 404) and loosing more and more every year.
Of course with exception to my union dues; they continue to rise...
Peter,
I totally understand. Sometimes we have to give up some things to remain competative with non Union labor. My question is, What do the Corporate Executives give up? And when these executives and corporate owners move thier factories to Mexico, China, Taiwan, Korea, etc, etc, etc, Why don't the prices of the products they make get reduced on the retail market? All that happens is the corporate executives pockets get fatter and thier garages get fuller!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,353 Posts
A union may not work for everyone in every job market.

In my field in my area it Works for me! so I'm proud to be a happy union member:wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,678 Posts
hoosier-lightning said:
Peter,
I totally understand. Sometimes we have to give up some things to remain competative with non Union labor. My question is, What do the Corporate Executives give up? And when these executives and corporate owners move thier factories to Mexico, China, Taiwan, Korea, etc, etc, etc, Why don't the prices of the products they make get reduced on the retail market? All that happens is the corporate executives pockets get fatter and thier garages get fuller!
Hello Shane,
We have been giving things up because our union is hellaciously corrupt (and inept).
Aside from what I have listed, I won't go further.
Simply said they belong in jail.
They have never gained for me anything either through two grievances and 5 contracts. I have managed my own salary and premiums by myself despite the union. Had I listened to them, I'd never have gotten an apprenticeship. I'd still be emptying trash cans...
I have no love for the management I work for either Shane (to be honest I can't decide which group I hate - and I do mean hate) more; the unions for holding me back with their corruption, constrictions and rules vs management (owners) and their good ol boys of stinking nepitism (owner's sons) looking after their own ass exploiting the hell out of my talent, hard work and expertise paying me a pitance of my worth because the unions (they say) set the constrictions. My fault completely for staying as long as I did buying the line...
A vicious and corrupt trap that it has taken up until 2 years of planning now to escape. Why I didn't do this 15 years ago, I can kick myself.

I know now why folks like my father for example, left the corportate hellhole. You'll never get anywhere punching the clock for somebdoy else.
Only more poor.

My departure soon to happen from this will be a doozie.
I will leave as a professional, burn no bridges but my leaving will induce some (monetary, not mortal) casualties. It will hurt them. Both company and union.

That I can promise.

And I won't look back.

See ya at the Fest.
Shane be sure and see my WL customs contest entry. I think you will like it.



:wave: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
unions do not work in a retail setting. it keeps your wages down and makes it so you work just hard enough to keep your job. there is no reward for doing a better job except then they want you to do it all the time and take a pay cut. in 7+ years in a union i lost $2/ hour in wages, all health insurance, all dental insurance. and for all that my union dues almost doubled. i will never work in a union again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,678 Posts
rage88 said:
unions do not work in a retail setting. it keeps your wages down and makes it so you work just hard enough to keep your job. there is no reward for doing a better job except then they want you to do it all the time and take a pay cut. in 7+ years in a union i lost $2/ hour in wages, all health insurance, all dental insurance. and for all that my union dues almost doubled. i will never work in a union again.
I will never forget the day years ago when our shop steward told me I had to "slow down and pace my work"; I was making my fellow "brothers" (who were chatting with their buddies instead of working on a rush job) look bad in front of the management...
When I told him to stick it, his threat to me was "we are all one", and that being a "standout" would not be looked kindly upon by the union board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,548 Posts
modsquad said:
I will never forget the day years ago when our shop steward told me I had to "slow down and pace my work"; I was making my fellow "brothers" (who were chatting with their buddies instead of working on a rush job) look bad in front of the management...
When I told him to stick it, his threat to me was "we are all one", and that being a "standout" would not be looked kindly upon by the union board.
I got written up at Boeing for working too fast.
if you work too fast and it backlogs other departments,causing the company to pay overtime to catch up,then it totally screws up production schedules for thousands of workers.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top