Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mine was the aurora creature from the black lagoon, price .98 + 2 cents sales tax.= $1.00 , thanks mom. my brother built it for me .
never been the same since my first kit,
everytime i get a new kit, it makes me feel like a kid again.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
First kit was the Revell (aurora) Masserati. It didn't go well......

Second model was the Testor's Nieuport 17C and I got that one in Cub Scouts at a christmas party. (1983?) I still have it!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
The first model I ever built was an Aurora kit of a Cunningham sports car, followed by their MG-TC roadster. I'm sure they must have been 1/32 scale, but to a seven-year-old, they seemed a lot bigger.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The A.M.T.Original U.S.S.Enterprise(Large Box)built by my Dad in 1970.My Father built me a second Enterprise not too long after.He did a great build job but on that second Enterprise he put the Warp Drive Nacelle end caps on the propulsion unit front ends and the domes on the rear.I didn't care I loved the model and I was only 6.Guy Schlicter.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Airfix 1/32 Renault Dauphine.
I've finally got another one I scored about 10 years ago still in its bag with header card. It's getting built though....

Chris.:)

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
Utterly impossible to remember. But the first model I clearly remember was a small F-102 that I brought for show-and-tell in Kindergarten in 1962. No clue as to what scale or maker.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I can't recall for sure, but I think it was a dinosaur...a REAL one, molded in stone. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
had to be the gold knight on the horse my father built for me when I was 4 years old..I remember I flipped when I saw it...but couldnt build it...next was the aurora incredible hulk...that I did build.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Bob Riggles "Hemi Under Glass" Barracuda.
my grandpa bought it for me. and warned me if caught me sniffing the glue,
I would have to eat the whole tube. Still have no idea what that stuff smells like,
he made a serious impression on me.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
1961 Aurora Frankenstein :thumbsup:
...and I'm still here :p
Mcdee

·
Registered
130 Posts
King Kong for me. 1969 ?
Home, sick as a dog...Mom brought me King Kong and my brother got Godzilla.

I think I'm still a little mad about not getting Godzilla ;-)

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Aurora Frankenstein. February 1964. I vividly remember painting the kit while the Beatles sang "She Loves You" on "The Ed Sullivan Show". To this day, nothing says "The Sixties" to me quite like The Beatles and Aurora monster kits.

·
Registered
753 Posts
My first kit was an Aurora F9F Panther,got it on my 7th birthday 1962.Mom gave me 4 small packs of Elmers glue to build it with..I remember the nose antennae drooping the next morning..My older brother told mom to get model glue for me and to soak the plane in water so I could do it over..He failed to mention that decals come off in water as well ...lol...Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
I've told this story ad nauseum on these boards. But since you ask...

In 1962, dear old Dad gave me a 1/48 scale Aurora B-26 Martin Marauder bomber kit for my eighth birthday; I built it over the next couple of months under his careful supervision. I remember that I enjoyed the project, but wasn’t really hooked until Christmas of that year. Our next-door neighbors gave me The Mummy and that's when THE LIGHTS CAME ON!. My interest in both the hobby and the horror genre began then, and continue unabated.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
First plastic kit for me was built by my mom, the Aurora Batmobile. Remember playing with it and ended up breaking off all four wheels right after she built it! Mom wasn't too thrilled with that. Looking forward to the Polar Lights re-release. This time I'll build it...and try not to break the wheels off!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I remember my brother building the Aurora monster kits and Rommel's Rod, but the first I remember building myself was Alfred E. Newman. I've got the Revell repop, but it's still in the box (Too much great new stuff coming out!).

1 - 20 of 86 Posts