Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
My first one was given to me on the side by a diecast distributer, a Corvette from the first series. My second one I found was the 70 convertible Mustang that I found in Las Vegas at FAO Schwartz. I have gotten four more since then but have traded or given them away.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Not hard to remember the first GM I found, it's still the only one I've found! It was the 1971 Dodge Charger Superbee, stock version, of the one that the regular one is purple.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Got my first almost two years ago at the Casper's Custom Car Show in Louisville. I pickd up the MCG S1 GTO for $12 from a dealer when they had just gotten their first shipment.
Frank Hamilton

·
Registered
303 Posts
This would be the first Green Machine I found - hanging on the pegs in a store that used to stock Die Cast on a regular basis. Paid a whopping $3.50 for it:

This was the first Green Machine I ever saw in person - sitting on a table at the toy show for $5. I passed on it, only to regret it for the next three months... until the same seller returned with it. I gladly paid his $20 asking price!

Franky

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
:thumbsup:My first was a MCG2 Custom Camaro Concept @Kmart, followed in a 2 week period by 2 MCG2 Custom 442s! All at KM no less. Now the employee/collector that works at that store realizes what they are and he takes them home with all the thunts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My first was a 2007 Shelby GT 500 from the MCG Stock and Custom series 2.
I also have 2007 Corvette pace car and 2 1970 AAR Cudas from the Barrett Jackson 2 series.The Cudas don't have a silver banner,are they supposed too?

·
Registered
168 Posts
It was soon after GL MCG's came out. I was at Carl Casper's Car Show in Louisville in February (I believe two years ago). I checked out some of the diecast vendors at this 1:1 car show and finally found the regular issue GTO's that I had been looking for (I am the original owner of a 68 convertible). I bought the two colors of the regulars for $6 each. Then I found the GM of one of them for $12. Now, I have about 60 GM's.
Frank Hamilton

21 - 40 of 47 Posts