Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for me it was the delta 88 olds pace car,im a olds nut, i have collected every olds i could find for years,i had bought a few jl but not much,one day i was in a kb toy store,you know just browseing,picked up this ugly oldsmobile with white tires/wheels,im thinking this has to be the sickest looking thing ive ever seen,i had already kinda fell out with jl cause they did the pace cars in all those wrong colors,took me forever to find the oldsmobiles in the right colors anyway,well i thought this just takes the cake,whats wrong with these people, who would buy these things,not me ,so i hung it back on the peg,like lighting (no pun intended) this dude standing beside me grabs it back off,GRINNING from ear to ear,he looks at me and says ,YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THIS IS DO YOU? yeah its a really ugly olds..........why? well i want never make that mistake again,i learned something that day,and thats been a long time ago,just found another one a few months ago,man them things are hard to comeby around here.so let me know what was your firstwl. thanks dr.olds

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Camaro Collection R1 gray 68, Melbourne, Florida at around 10am on a Sunday at a TRU. Never will forget.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Mine was a ser. 3 Dragsters USA (bronze with white engine, yellow lightning bolts and cool graphics). Found it at Hills. I really like those WL's, they are one of my favorite to look at.

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Classic Gold R3 GTX (the white one) from an online toy source called EToys. They sent me two sets shipped of the CG3 for about 6 bucks. Then they went belly-up, dunno why.... :freak:

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I found a Frightning Lightning series 2 Haul'in Hearse in Slime green at a Wal Mart, back in 1996-97. Just need a #4 Ecto, and a #2 Vampire Van to complete.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Mine was a 40 Ford Pick Up from the Coca-Cola Polar Bears/santa claus 03 release. Just found this years version in the ornament yesterday. But i will always love that first one.

Stack

·
Registered
886 Posts
Mine was a double strike. MC USA 3 '71 GTO Judge and AAR Cuda, both in white. This was years ago before I knew what a white lightning was. I am a Pontiac nut and I had already found some regular GTO's and was at WM looking for the latest release when I came across the W/L version with the coin that read "special limited edition white lightning". I thought it was cool and just for curiosity I looked to see if there were any more of these "white lightnings" and there was, the Cuda. It was probably three years later that I found this site and read about W/L's and what they are. I was really excited then. :wave:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
375-05 Street Freaks '69 Shelby GT350 Mustang lime green is my one and only WL.
At first, I didn't even know that it was a WL. It has the white engine.
I thought that it was some kind of factory screw up. And then all of a sudden, the light went on so to speak. Boy, was I ever excited. It still gets we going sometimes when I look at. I keep it in a JL snap-pak. When of the days I will find or acquire another WL. This is a fun topic.
Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Had a double strike the first time, guessing release one in both but I truly don't remember, but they were Mustang Classics 1963 Mustang Concept and Truckin' America 1991 GMC Syclone. Was so happy to find them I couldn't wait to trade them for Hot Wheels. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts