Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the first white lightning you almost got ,but someone beat you to it,right in front of you.And why,too slow,didn't see it.Don Garlits dragster USA is my pic.The race wars to the rack,those were the good old days.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Not my first BUT first of the new packaging. I had seen the johnny retro red talladega sitting on the peg for three days, white interior, I looked at it everyday trying to figure out if it was a white. The day I figured it out--it was gone!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I think I got beat to a WL Futura at WM. Two gents going through the pegs said something about it must be the one because the regular version was black :(

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
At TRU, they used to have a shelf for the JLs that was just mainly peg board with a small shelf on top of the peg board. Me and another guy were going through the pegs and I hear him say "look at that". Whoever had stocked instead of putting the WL on the pegs had put it on top of the pegboard. I looked up in time to see the other guy get it. It was only maybe 6 inches above the pegs but I guess I was only looking at the pegs. I never saw it. It was a clue WL.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I had a mustang cover get found before me , I was walking up to the pegs and some guy had just picked it up , but I have done the same to other people . The best one was a rubber tire monc series 2 challenger WL , the guy looked thru the pegs too then was like " there aint nothin " hehehe yeah nothin for him !

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
On a very rare occasion there were two cases of JLs at our local WM had to be about 2 years ago or more. I noticed they were both open and one had a car missing. It was one of the first CARS assortments. A guy I never saw before (or again after that) had a super cool white Mitsubishi Evo in his hands with white interior and white chasis. He showed it to me and asked if I collected WLs. I said I do but not that one. :D If I was going to miss one I'm glad it was that one. The other case was a Street Freaks case, the release with the BWF Mustang. It would have killed if there was a WL of that car or about any other in the SF case.

On the other side, I had a guy walk up to me spewing out of his big mouth not to bother checking the JLs because his buddy had the store "locked up". I had just finished going through the wall of JLs they had just put up and shoved the 3 WLs I had in my hand in his face, and said well I guess he doesn't have it locked up today! Idiot!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
On a very rare occasion there were two cases of JLs at our local WM had to be about 2 years ago or more. I noticed they were both open and one had a car missing. It was one of the first CARS assortments. A guy I never saw before (or again after that) had a super cool white Mitsubishi Evo in his hands with white interior and white chasis. He showed it to me and asked if I collected WLs. I said I do but not that one. :D If I was going to miss one I'm glad it was that one. The other case was a Street Freaks case, the release with the BWF Mustang. It would have killed if there was a WL of that car or about any other in the SF case.

On the other side, I had a guy walk up to me spewing out of his big mouth not to bother checking the JLs because his buddy had the store "locked up". I had just finished going through the wall of JLs they had just put up and shoved the 3 WLs I had in my hand in his face, and said well I guess he doesn't have it locked up today! Idiot!
i got tricked like that twice one time someone told me that and i walked off pissed they went through the hotwheels and got 2 t hunts i wanted to shoot the sob but unfortunatley i didnt have a gun that was 2 years ago still mad about and another time two guys one who lives next to the store and gets called when they have hotwhels to be cherrypicked and another guy were in the toy aisle at 1am and both told me they already said they wont be putting anything new out well im not stupid why would they still wait i waited for 15 min the stocker came with the hw the 2 guys tried walking to another asile i folledthem then the stocker took the hws back to the back room waited another hour then my dad said i had to go and wouldnt wait right after i left i heard the stocker brought out 15 cases for a bod and the 2 dicks got 9 hunts total that was before i had found a hunt so it pissed me off

another time with hotwheels a new worker told me they would stock the hotwheels at about 1am i walked there at 11:30 got there at 12:30 waited a hour finally 1:30 i asked when they would stock them the lady same one said ill go check a guy came back told me they do freight from 12pm to 4am in toys so theyd be out by 4am musta thought i wouldnt wait finally 4am nothing im ready to kill the toy department workers the same guy cames out says sorry only managers can stock collectebles i wasnt aware of that the manager wont be in till monday so i left after complaining wich didnt help came back at 6:30 with my grandpa to get worms for fishing and they had stocked the hotwheels i got 6 vws and threw the rest on the floor while the same guy was watching me and i told him he better wait for the manager to restock them since there collectible and i walked away stepping on most of them the guy called a scalper in after i left i complained forever he still works there has ebough pimples on his face to look like a peperoni pizza anytime i see him i pretend i dont and just get in his way stand right infront of whatever he is stocking or just mess it up once its stocked took about a year for him to say sorry but i still screw with him any time i can

never had a almost with wls they dont exist here ive gotten 3 total in 8 years 2 from oreagon while i was out of town and one from big lots i walked in as they brought out hundreds of jl cars but the manager had grabbed all but one wl in the back room he didnt know white interior was wl he said to the stocker i want the white wheel ones i waved my white in his face and flipped him off only wl there was since most the cars big lots got had white wheels traits too bad no greatful dead wls at all i think everything else they got besides hot rod mag and great dead had white wheels for wl

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get this.One time about 5 years ago,I walk into the local Walmart in Medford OR.,looking at the rack of hotwheels and johnny lightnings[because our store don't stock much,and most of the time employees get them anyway]their side by side.Well I spy a TH and White lightning right in front,so I grab em.I look up and spy another TH.SO as I am going to grab it,and barely get it in my hands,a hand reaches over my left shoulder and some jerk grabs my hand and car,scratching me in the process.A big guy about 6 foot 5,dressed like a bad ass rocker,don't get me wrong I am a rocker myself,but i do not dress like one anymore,I'm 51,and loosing my hair at a frightning pace.Well i stand about 6foot 3.Well I drop him where he stood.Big mess insued,lalala,you know how it goes.I ended up with all 3,now in bad packages.This Christmas me and my 3 year old are at Target.We are at the rack with another local collector,when my kid goes crashing into the shelfs,and someone trying to push me out of the way, so I grab the guy in the throat and nutsack,and throw him to the floor.And I will be a SOB,the same jerk from 5 years ago.I do not know what to do,kick the crap out of jerkwad or pick up my kid off the floor.I choose my kid,jerkwad gets up and runs away.He lives in a small town north of Medford,I hope we run into each other again.Me without my son,and in the parking lot,not in the store.I heard from other collectors,that this guy tries the intimidation tactic with others.Well he is barking up the wrong tree with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts