Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Street Freaks was one of Johnny Lightning's most popular series, with Zingers, Spoilers, PIP's, Black With Flames, American Glory, Thirteen Customs and more. Which release do you think was the very best one, and why? Go to JLcollector.com to see what was in each Street Freaks release.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I liked alot from all those series, but I think the best idea was the PIP's. It was one of the first to do that idea in 1/64, and they were really cool.

Black with Flames was another series that was ahead of it's time.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting, Paul, but what I was asking is whiche release (ie: SF release 15 versus SF release 18, etc.) The PIPs and Zingers were for the most part each reprseented in each SF release. For example, follow this link:

http://www.jlcollector.com/sfr15.html

and compare it to the others, like SF 18:
http://www.jlcollector.com/sfr18.html

Which release had the best representation of PIPs, Zingers, Scrapin' (if you liked that crap :p ) compared to the others, in your opinion?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The Black with Flames series was, and is, the best of the bunch.
Why? Because I said so, thats why.

LOL.................................
Honestly, that series had many kinds of cars, its a color scheme that everyone seems to enjoy. the difficulty in obtaining some of the releases should tell you how popular they are (Were).
The Street Freaks BwF series launched many collectors into subcollections of JUST the Black with Flames cars that Johnny Lightning issued even before the BwF was a seperate entity.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Black with Flames gets my vote! With a close call of the Work in Progress.
Favorite B/With Flames is both Camaros and they kept them Black!

Favorite WIP is the Trans Am and the Novas. I am not a Plymouth fan however they did a good job on the Duster.

Spoilers was the third favorite of mine with the favorite being the Mach 1 Mustang, then the 57 Bel Air followed by the Superbee, the the Grand Prix.

Funny, I almost picked one from each car manufactuer.

Brad

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Freakin young-uns..:rolleyes:

here's the real street freaks... can remembr seeing these hanging on the pegs...

http://www.jlcollector.com/street3.html

don't names mean nothing anymore?..that whole series should have been called "various cars"... a PIP is not a street freak.... and Spoilers was a name stolen from vintage Hot Wheels :tongue:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
My vote goes for Release 19. You get 3 BWFs (that boattail Rivi is a BWF - the flames are inside the rear window), an American Glory and a PIP. And, I like the Spoilers in that release, too.

Release 18 is a close second because you get the same combo - 3 BWF, 1 AG and 1 PIP.;)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Zingers by far are the best. I immediately think of all the Rat Fink hot rods with the ugly cartoon creatures driving them when I first saw them. A reminising of the 1960s ! :) Guess it would also depend on which era you grew up in. For me the '60s rule when it comes to cars which was when I was growing up.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Release three. I found my first W/L -American Glory Futura- and I really liked the red line rubber tire varies in that release the best.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
My vote goes for Release 19. You get 3 BWFs (that boattail Rivi is a BWF - the flames are inside the rear window), an American Glory and a PIP. And, I like the Spoilers in that release, too.

Release 18 is a close second because you get the same combo - 3 BWF, 1 AG and 1 PIP.;)
I would probably have to go with Mark on this one as far as releases. And the BWFs would be my overall favorites out of the various releases combined :wave:

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
street freaks release 18,because of this one car

thanks to Wyatt for the pics

2 honorable mentions from release 18

:wave:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts